Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  32

Thread: Aisin AS69RC Slipping in 5/6

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Aisin AS69RC Slipping in 5/6

I've noticed my '18 Aisin as69rc transmission slips in 5th and 6th gear on the 150hp/200hp tune but hasn't thrown a check engine light. Has anyone with an Aisin had this issue? Is it torque converter or transmission since there isn't any codes?

2. Thanks cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Aisin AS69RC Slipping in 5/6

I’m sure others will chime in. With the Aisin there is no transmission tuning. Are you running the MM3 for tuning ? I have the MM3 and can be tuned up to 120 hp but I do not run that tune or romp on it on a daily basis, I’ve only ran it once to try it. I will try to find the thread on the Aisin but I believe because of no transmission tuning for it you shouldn’t be running higher HP. Others have said that with the Aisin that they have had issues with slipping between gears with the MM3, I have had no issues or felt any slop, I have not yet towed/pulled with mine.
    As soon as I find the thread I will post on here or lead you there. Hope this helps.

"Cumminsbadgirl"
    2014 Laramie MC 3500 ( Aisin ) 4X4
    MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel

2014 CUMMINS "BADGIRL" Laramie MC 3500 (Aisin) 4X4 MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel *** EGR delete AFE CAI 4” FLO-PRO w/muffler 4" Zone lift, Federal Couragia 37’s with Black Rhinos,bed carpet kit, tail-gate assist, Retrax tunnau cover

Previous "Cummins Badgirls" :
    2006 Cummins 2500 4x4
    2012 Cummins 2500 4x4

4. Thanks watersupply189, Thomas1960 thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: Aisin AS69RC Slipping in 5/6

No slippage issues noted on mine.

I have pulled my 14K Fifth Wheeler a half dozen times since tuning.

I haven’t tuned any more than +90, +30 when towing and don’t hotrod.

I am also curious if anyone else has experienced any issues with the Aisin.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by White6.7 View Post
    I've noticed my '18 Aisin as69rc transmission slips in 5th and 6th gear on the 150hp/200hp tune but hasn't thrown a check engine light. Has anyone with an Aisin had this issue? Is it torque converter or transmission since there isn't any codes?
    How many miles on the truck? If you're pulling anything or hot rodding it then slippage is to be expected with 200hp on a stock transmission. The Aisin is a heavy duty stock trans, not a heavy duty race trans.

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

7. Thanks cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Hey, Aisin is pretty strong but so isn't a 150-200hp bump in power. Any of these trans Aisin or 68RFE 5th and 6th clutch packs/bands aren't as thick or heavy as 1-4th I'd keep from hard pulls in 5-6th. Unless your planning on doing a Revmax build to it

9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I’d say just keep it backed down. If you want to build the trans sooner than later anyway then try using your MM3 to see if your converter is being commanded to lock when this happens. The numbers are 8 for fluid coupling, 4 for partial, and 2 locked converter.

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

10. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

The truck has 98k miles on it now.

I don't hot rod it and when towing it gets put on the 30HP tow tune.

I've just noticed it slip if I'm climbing a grade and ease into the throttle.

I'm aware the stock transmission isn't designed for such a power increase and realize a built transmission is in my near future.

I'm more interested in knowing how to tell what's slipping, transmission or TC.

What PID shows TC lockup on the MM3?

Thanks

12. Thanks cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

The truck has 98k miles on it now.

I don't hot rod it and when towing it gets put on the 30HP tow tune.

I've just noticed it slip if I'm climbing a grade and ease into the throttle.

I'm aware the stock transmission isn't designed for such a power increase and realize a built transmission is in my near future.

I'm more interested in knowing how to tell what's slipping, transmission or TC.

What PID shows TC lockup on the MM3?

Thanks
    It should be under transmission category then current gear I think.

I’m away from my truck for a bit so can’t confirm at the moment

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

14. Thanks cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post