Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Replacement windows

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Replacement windows

Hey guys has anyone replaced a window? If so any aftermarket brands that are good or a spot to get good deal on oem? I’m having trouble finding oem online although I came across this brand on amazon nagd they have windows passenger side for example 90$ then an oem made for 128$ both same brand says will fit 2009-18. I’m figuring 90 or 128 is not to bad I just don’t want a super cheap made window or pay 500$ or a weird color like extra blue or such. So pretty much my problem is that I bought a used truck with 20,000 miles. Truck was real clean inside and out. It was from a truck performance/lift shop that builds used and new trucks and sales them or like mine just put a level kit and wheels/tires. Anyway the driver and passenger windows have deep scratches the two rear are scratched but not as bad tell the truth didn’t even realize the rear when I bought it. The place took money off the price instead of fixing when asked. Should’ve pressured more to fix looking back. Not sure how they got that scratched so bad. I’ve seen work trucks put through Hell and no scratches this bad plus we camp/ride dunes and so I’ve seen trucks in sand with windows never this bad. So I’ve dealt with it the way it is for 2 years I hate it but two auto glass companies quoted me 1000$ for driver passenger window replacement parts labor. Friends suggested bust them out turn into insurance. Like I’ve said just curious if anyone had experience with replacement windows where to purchase aftermarket brands or good deals on oem etc. thanks

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Replacement windows

If you have $0 deductible total glass coverage, just let your insurance company handle this.

I have a guy that can help, but he's here in AZ if you ever want to make a drive.

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: Replacement windows

Had my driver's window busted out 4 years ago, bill was like $380 from a local glass shop. They just ordered an OEM one and installed it.

2011 2500 Laramie CCSB 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, 68RFE