Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Starter lockout, new pcm??

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Starter lockout, new pcm??

Hey everyone. Looking for some help. I have a 2007 dodge 2500 with the 6.7 in it. So I took my pickup into the dealer because I’ve been having issues with it killing the power to the starter and then flashing check gauges, also flashes the security light. Anyways I took it into the dealer, and they said my software got so corrupted that it cleared the injectors out of the pcm. Is this even possible? I said no way to them on that one. And I talked more in detail to the tech and he showed me that somehow my original vin in my pcm is completely scrambled. Not even close to the stock vin, let me add in that, yes it was deleted at one time but now is back at stock. Can anyone help me out on what I should do though? Should I replace the pcm since the vin is scrambled? Is that why the injectors are not communicating? Cause before this all happened the pickup ran perfectly fine, and I just passed smog with it. Hopefully I explained this problem fairly ok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Starter lockout, new pcm??

Quote Originally Posted by zanegiesbrecht View Post
    Hey everyone. Looking for some help. I have a 2007 dodge 2500 with the 6.7 in it. So I took my pickup into the dealer because I’ve been having issues with it killing the power to the starter and then flashing check gauges, also flashes the security light. Anyways I took it into the dealer, and they said my software got so corrupted that it cleared the injectors out of the pcm. Is this even possible? I said no way to them on that one. And I talked more in detail to the tech and he showed me that somehow my original vin in my pcm is completely scrambled. Not even close to the stock vin, let me add in that, yes it was deleted at one time but now is back at stock. Can anyone help me out on what I should do though? Should I replace the pcm since the vin is scrambled? Is that why the injectors are not communicating? Cause before this all happened the pickup ran perfectly fine, and I just passed smog with it. Hopefully I explained this problem fairly ok

I would think they could do a recovery of the existing PCM. Do you know how many times it was flashed in the past? Do you know anything about the delete in the past? Why was it returned to stock? The 07.5 and the 08's were plagued with pooter probs

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Well I bought it from my uncle. He has had no problems. I have had it for 4 years, I deleted it 2 years ago with Firepunk, the dealer saw that It was reflashed 7 times and that was due to me trying to reflash stock tunes when it would kill the power to the starter. I put it to stock because I took it to the dealer and they get unhappy when a deleted pickup rolls in. This all happened after I smoged it. I don’t know if the software is corrupt or what.

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Well I bought it from my uncle. He has had no problems. I have had it for 4 years, I deleted it 2 years ago with Firepunk, the dealer saw that It was reflashed 7 times and that was due to me trying to reflash stock tunes when it would kill the power to the starter. I put it to stock because I took it to the dealer and they get unhappy when a deleted pickup rolls in. This all happened after I smoged it. I don’t know if the software is corrupt or what.

Is the truck running?

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

5. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Yes only because the dealer reflashed some of the modules

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Yes only because the dealer reflashed some of the modules

I'd reload your tuner then.