Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  6

Thread: Nissan Kills off V8 Cummins

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Nissan Kills off V8 Cummins

So after poor sales Nissan has given the V8 Cummins pick-up the axe.

Link: https://www.thedrive.com/news/29294/...-titan-is-dead

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Nissan Kills off V8 Cummins

I can't even express how shocked I am.

As a Nissan tech and fan boy (of their 70s-90s models only), Nissan really **** the bed with their recent product line over the last like 10 years.

Their tech is dated, their vehicles feel cheap...aside from a GT-R (which is wildly unimpressive for the price)

I wouldn't own anything in the Nissan lineup.

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

After reading all that was put out prior to the beginning of their Cummins sales sounded like they sold before getting all the tweaks and bugs out.

There were plenty of complaint on the Nissan forums.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

6. Thanks Polaraco thanked for this post
    Likes Polaraco, david3gen, watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

They did a poor job executing the model. Given the problems they had, it was just a matter of time.

The engine was not what you'd expect from Cummins in the first place.

People have tried to lighten diesels before with poor results. Here's another example.

Makes me glad Ram didn't use that motor. But they have had poor results with the half ton diesel too.

The 4BT would be a great motor.

I hear Chebby isn't doing well with their small truck either.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post