Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  14
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wired issue while racing

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

wired issue while racing

let me start by saying the truck is mostly stock it has a fass 165 gph pump,3.5 pusher intake horn,pusher3” intercooler piping,s&b intake, fuel rail plug,625 studs,mm3 drd tuned and deleted. stock 68RFE. tires I’m on 33” courser all terrains

so tonight I was roll racing. i was doing a 30mph roll in second gear using the manual gear selector and I was brake boosting to about 29psi of boost. when I let off the brake and start going through second shift into 3rd at 3100 rpm then go through 3rd and shift into 4th at 3000rpm when I hit into 4th the truck died instantly. I think it’s something with the converter or just when I shifted the tires grabbed to much and made the truck turn off when the converter locked up. not sure what happened I checked the stored codes there’s nothing on there so not sure what it did when I shifted. truck runs fine drove it 50miles home no codes poped up

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Stedman liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: wired issue while racing

Quote Originally Posted by K3n357 View Post
    let me start by saying the truck is mostly stock it has a fass 165 gph pump,3.5 pusher intake horn,pusher3” intercooler piping,s&b intake, fuel rail plug,625 studs,mm3 drd tuned and deleted. stock 68RFE. tires I’m on 33” courser all terrains

so tonight I was roll racing. i was doing a 30mph roll in second gear using the manual gear selector and I was brake boosting to about 29psi of boost. when I let off the brake and start going through second shift into 3rd at 3100 rpm then go through 3rd and shift into 4th at 3000rpm when I hit into 4th the truck died instantly. I think it’s something with the converter or just when I shifted the tires grabbed to much and made the truck turn off when the converter locked up. not sure what happened I checked the stored codes there’s nothing on there so not sure what it did when I shifted. truck runs fine drove it 50miles home no codes poped up
    Stock tranny with all that hp racing..... something’s gotta give and the transmission is the weakest link.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

4. Likes david3gen liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I don’t have a solution but will be interested to see if anyone knows. Have you tried Ray to see if he has heard of this before?

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TexNeck View Post
    I don’t have a solution but will be interested to see if anyone knows. Have you tried Ray to see if he has heard of this before?
    I emailed him just waiting for a reply.

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Hm... with that amount of speed and rpm's already i would think that it would have plenty of momentum to power past 4th gear. If Mr. Ray answers i as well am looking to see what he might make of this.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    Hm... with that amount of speed and rpm's already i would think that it would have plenty of momentum to power past 4th gear. If Mr. Ray answers i as well am looking to see what he might make of this.
    he just got back with me today and he thinks it’s a ground when it hit lock up it shocked the system and shorted. later today ima check the ground wires

12. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

he just got back with me today and he thinks it’s a ground when it hit lock up it shocked the system and shorted. later today ima check the ground wires
    10-4, thank you for keeping us updated. Let us know what ya find my friend.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

14. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=K3n357;154156]he just got back with me today and he thinks it’s a ground when it hit lock up it shocked the system and shorted. later today ima check the ground wires
    Thats the only thing that I would think but seems odd. You have stock converter or triple disc?

2013 Ram 2500

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

16. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=TexNeck;154166]
    Thats the only thing that I would think but seems odd. You have stock converter or triple disc?
    im still running the stock converter. I do need to upgrade to a triple. just waiting to see what turbo setup I want to go with. trucks been running great two weeks ago I ran a 13.9 at 98mph

18. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=K3n357;154171]
    Quote Originally Posted by TexNeck View Post

im still running the stock converter. I do need to upgrade to a triple. just waiting to see what turbo setup I want to go with. trucks been running great two weeks ago I ran a 13.9 at 98mph
    Youre all stock components besides DRD tuning?

I was thinking if you had a triple the lock up can be harsh so that would be a bit more sensible for rattling a ground loose or something but the stock TC shouldn’t lock too bad

2013 Ram 2500

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

20. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast