Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  9
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fuel mileage delema

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Fuel mileage delema

Quote Originally Posted by bigwhittie View Post
    I took a 4500 mile trip from Atlanta,Ga. to Breckenridge, Co. and the average was 14.2 and I was running 70-95 mph. I guess I'm getting better then most. I had an 06 5.9 with 4.10 4x4 with the same type of camper shell and that truck would pull 21 mpg all day long. I thought this one should get at least 18+ mpg. This 17 pulls like a train and rolls so nice! Maybe I should be happy with the mpgs! Thanks guys!
    70 to 95 MPH? That will do it right there.

With 4.10's anything above 65 MPH is going to drink the fuel!!!

Keep it between 65 and 70 and see what it gets. Y

You will be surprised.

2021 2500 68RFE..... I'll just keep the goodies a secret!!!

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, david3gen liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Something else you may want to consider is tire size. I too have 4.10s but with 35" tires im back to the 3.72 neighborhood. I've had 35s on the truck since I've owned it. Even with this tire size there are times I wish the gears were a little taller. Towing is a dream though. This is with the RFE trans.

14 mph sounds low but driving style definitely plays a part.

My sweet spot is between 65-75 mph

Cheers,

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie, 3" BDS Coil over, DuraFlap, 68RFE, 4.10, 35s, Front receiver, Krown protected

4. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bigwhittie View Post
    I took a 4500 mile trip from Atlanta,Ga. to Breckenridge, Co. and the average was 14.2 and I was running 70-95 mph. I guess I'm getting better then most. I had an 06 5.9 with 4.10 4x4 with the same type of camper shell and that truck would pull 21 mpg all day long. I thought this one should get at least 18+ mpg. This 17 pulls like a train and rolls so nice! Maybe I should be happy with the mpgs! Thanks guys!
    You answered all of your own questions with this post. 4.10s, 70-95mph, high top camper cover.... Remember to hand calculate and never trust the dash mpg readout.

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

5. Likes Booch035 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

The fast lane truck guys did an empty highway fuel mileage run on a 2015 crew cab 2500 4x4 6.7 Cummins and hand calculated 24.7.

That was all highway at 65MPH.

I usually get 17.5 city and 20 highway @ 78MPH hand calculated.

This is a picture of my mileage.

Pretty close to the lie-o-meter.

2017 RAM 2500 Big Horn sport appearance package, Auto Level Rear Suspension, MM3 "switch" Fully deleted - tuned by DRD, Fleece Cheetah, Airaid Jr. CAI, 3.5" Banks Monster intake horn, Pusher Boost Tubes, 5" TBE with a Flo~Pro Twister muffler, *** EGR disappear kit, Black Market Performance CAT fuel filter and water separator, Black Market Performance fuel heater, Black Market Performance head studs, AFE deep trans pan, Revmax trans cooler bypass, Revmax HD Valve Body, DPC Low stall converter with billet flywheel, AFE pro series rear diff cover, Amsoil throughout provided by mcsynthetics.myamsoil.com

7. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

I usually get 17.5 city and 20 highway @ 78MPH hand calculated.

Correction 2WD with added weight.

2017 RAM 2500 Big Horn sport appearance package, Auto Level Rear Suspension, MM3 "switch" Fully deleted - tuned by DRD, Fleece Cheetah, Airaid Jr. CAI, 3.5" Banks Monster intake horn, Pusher Boost Tubes, 5" TBE with a Flo~Pro Twister muffler, *** EGR disappear kit, Black Market Performance CAT fuel filter and water separator, Black Market Performance fuel heater, Black Market Performance head studs, AFE deep trans pan, Revmax trans cooler bypass, Revmax HD Valve Body, DPC Low stall converter with billet flywheel, AFE pro series rear diff cover, Amsoil throughout provided by mcsynthetics.myamsoil.com

8. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Your trucks 2WD?

What size tire you running?

Also what tune you run on with DRD?

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

9. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

No mine is 4x4 LOL, the truck that the fast lane truck tested was 2WD.

I have 295’s on mine, cooper AR3 XLT.

From the highway miles I drive I like to test all of the tunes.

They pretty much all get the same mileage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

I'm at work at the moment, butI ran out there quick and looked at the batteries. One of the negative posts has a fair ammount of "fur" on it. I will clean it up tonight and do a load test on both batteries. I had replaced them both this past January.

11. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jeeper89 View Post
    I'm at work at the moment, butI ran out there quick and looked at the batteries. One of the negative posts has a fair ammount of "fur" on it. I will clean it up tonight and do a load test on both batteries. I had replaced them both this past January.
    Good call - low volt does crazy things, furry battery posts definitely won't help.

P.S. this might be the wrong thread

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie, 3" BDS Coil over, DuraFlap, 68RFE, 4.10, 35s, Front receiver, Krown protected

12. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

I'm doing around 18 +/- highway in the summer at 75mph and was disappointed.

I'm sure if I could manage to commit to 70mph tops I'd do a bit better but thought I'd push 20mpg easily after deletes on 120hp tune.

going back to 33" tires next time around too to see if that helps (34 right now).

EDIT: 3.42 gears

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast