Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  18
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need to RANT about RAM Logistics

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

I need to RANT about RAM Logistics

I've been a GM guy my whole life. You can see, this wasn't easy for me, to ordered a new Ram.

On May 15th, I ordered a 2500 Laramie, loaded, minus the sunroof. Truck was built on June 3rd, ready to ship on June 6th. Final rail delivery in my state of Michigan, was on July 14th. This truck is still sitting in the shipping yard. June 29th, I called Customer Care and ask for Brand Support, to start the escalation process. I was told I'd receive a email, or phone call within 24hrs. That didn't happen, so I called again the next day. They just added a note that I called again, and to contact me.

July 31st, called Customer Care and got a nice lady. She verified a case ticket has been started. Shortly after I received an email from the guy handling my case. That was pretty much it. No information at all, in the email.

August 1st, I'm pissed. I call the Logistics company (TDSI) that has my truck. She takes my VIN. She has NO RECORD of that VIN. She said my truck has never been in the lot. WTF!!!!! I go to the dealer and chew my salesman a new ***. He gets on the phone with his REP. That was a waste of time. The REP, says once it's in shipping, it's out of his hands.

Salesman gets an email that says arrival date is August 12th. The computer system still says TBD. In short, it took just under 6 weeks to ship my truck from Mexico to Michigan. It's supposedly been sitting in my state, 125 miles from me, for 18 days now. I've been waiting on this truck for just over 11 weeks now.

If I didn't have so many accessories waiting on this truck, I'd tell them to shove it. I never put down a deposit. This is the worst vehicle experience I've ever had. I will never order another Chrysler product again.

Tomorrow I will call Customer Care again with the new details I've found. It wouldn't be so bad if I still had a truck to drive.

Already sold my old one. And I lose my $500 rebate now for switching from GM to Ram.

The only good thing, they just came out with a $1000 rebate for August.

Rant over for now.

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: I need to RANT about RAM Logistics

That's horrible they done you that way!

Seems like the left hand doesn’t know what the right hand is doing? (FCA) When you do finally get your truck, post some pics of it.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

4. Likes Ramin&Cummin liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Another reason why I never buy new!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Yep pretty much what I went through myself.

I didn't go after my salesman though, it's not his fault nor does he have the ability to fix it. I did, however, absolutely destroy several Customer Care reps for being incompetent.

There is a lady that works in Customer Care, her name is Patricia, she is a very nice older lady that is MORE than happy to help you. If you can get in touch with her, she will take care of you. Otherwise, your best bet is to continue to try and reach brand support.

I got told for 8 weeks that my order would take 8-12 weeks....as if I didn't know that, nor was that ever my concern.

My truck entered D1, regressed to D, sat there for 45 days, and then magically arrived in New Mexico only to be told 3 days later that it never left Saltillo (it was sitting in El Mirage for 2 days at that point).

So trust me, I feel your pain.

8. Thanks Ramin&Cummin thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

@Ramin&Cummin they definitely dropped the ball 100%!

"The grass is greener where you water it"

10. Likes Ramin&Cummin, watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by theaaronbush View Post
    Another reason why I never buy new!

I looked for 2 months and couldn't find what I wanted.

The trucks were mostly missing the 12" screen or the Air ride system.

I'm just amazed at how many trucks on dealer lots that don't have the 12" screen at least.

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    Yep pretty much what I went through myself.

I didn't go after my salesman though, it's not his fault nor does he have the ability to fix it. I did, however, absolutely destroy several Customer Care reps for being incompetent.

There is a lady that works in Customer Care, her name is Patricia, she is a very nice older lady that is MORE than happy to help you. If you can get in touch with her, she will take care of you. Otherwise, your best bet is to continue to try and reach brand support.

I got told for 8 weeks that my order would take 8-12 weeks....as if I didn't know that, nor was that ever my concern.

My truck entered D1, regressed to D, sat there for 45 days, and then magically arrived in New Mexico only to be told 3 days later that it never left Saltillo (it was sitting in El Mirage for 2 days at that point).

So trust me, I feel your pain.
    My salesman is a friend of mine, so I can get away with it. I'll give CC another call and see if I can speak with Patricia.

Thanks for the info.

When I call CC they dont actually send me to Brand Support. They act confused when I ask. They just deal with the issue right on the spot.

I dont know if there really is a Brand Support.

14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ramin&Cummin View Post
    My salesman is a friend of mine, so I can get away with it. I'll give CC another call and see if I can speak with Patricia.

Thanks for the info.

When I call CC they dont actually send me to Brand Support. They act confused when I ask. They just deal with the issue right on the spot.

I dont know if there really is a Brand Support.
    There is a brand support, but they are a backend part of CC. You likely won't speak with them directly, but if you get a rep who cares (if you get Ashlea, just hang up and call back) they will contact brand support for you. In your case, make sure they give you an actual case number and be sure to reference it when you call.

16. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Things going to be a year old by the time you get it.

Yiu mean the dealer couldn't locate one?

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

18. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ramin&Cummin View Post
    I looked for 2 months and couldn't find what I wanted.

The trucks were mostly missing the 12" screen or the Air ride system.

I'm just amazed at how many trucks on dealer lots that don't have the 12" screen at least.
    That screen is pretty cool!

20. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast