Thread: Cat filter kit question

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Cat filter kit question

So I plan on installing the cat filter kit

http://m.dieselfuelfilterkits.com/?u...rkits.com#2846

on my 2014 and I found this publication from cummins filtration

https://www.cumminsfiltration.com/si...es/LT36369.pdf

And I'm unsure if its saying that ff5814 fleetguard and the 1r-0750 both have nano net or is it saying that ff5814 is superior to to the 1r-0750 bc of the nano net. I'm really trying to figure the best filter to use bc I'm planning on removing the one under the hood. Thank you for your time

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

18 BigHorn 2500 Delmonico Red

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Cat filter kit question

I found this, this morning about the under hood filter with nano net ISO 12/9/6 rating and the comparing it to the first one that I added I think its probly best for me to use the FF5814 or FF5817. And not the 1r-0750.
    https://www.cumminsfiltration.com/si...es/LT36281.pdf

3. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cbitt View Post
    So I plan on installing the cat filter kit

http://m.dieselfuelfilterkits.com/?u...rkits.com#2846

on my 2014 and I found this publication from cummins filtration

https://www.cumminsfiltration.com/si...es/LT36369.pdf

And I'm unsure if its saying that ff5814 fleetguard and the 1r-0750 both have nano net or is it saying that ff5814 is superior to to the 1r-0750 bc of the nano net. I'm really trying to figure the best filter to use bc I'm planning on removing the one under the hood. Thank you for your time

Judging by article I think the point they are making is that any of those filters are period to others in the market and exceed what they would like to have installed.

ive heard nothing but good things about CAT filters. Their manufacturing is all automated so there can be no dust/debris entered while the filter is made.

fleetguard is another solid brand that guys swear by. Whatever is available and most cost effective from that list is what I would buy

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I've ran many nano nets and am pleased with their performance.

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

The CAT filter has aluminum threads in the end and the Fleetguards that I've used are stamped steel.
    Some people have gualded the threads by screwing the CAT filter with aluminum threads onto the aluminum filter housing. Aluminum on aluminum threads will almost weld itself together.You can use antiseize but it will wash off and I speculate it continues downstream to the pump and injectors.

Fleetguard is my choice for this reason and good filtration too.

I bought a six pack on Amazon for $60 when I decided to go this route. All individually shrink wrapped so they can sit and wait their turn without getting dirty.

7. Likes SyN liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TexNeck View Post
    Judging by article I think the point they are making is that any of those filters are period to others in the market and exceed what they would like to have installed.

ive heard nothing but good things about CAT filters. Their manufacturing is all automated so there can be no dust/debris entered while the filter is made.

fleetguard is another solid brand that guys swear by. Whatever is available and most cost effective from that list is what I would buy
    Thank you for your reply, I emailed cummins filtration this morning also and they were stating that it's better. I also asked for filtration specs on the under hood filter and FF5814 and according to the spec sheets the the FS53000 is 99% at 4 micron and the FF5814 is 98.7 at 3 micron so I'm satisfied with that.

9. Likes SyN liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cumminsdieselfreak View Post
    I've ran many nano nets and am pleased with their performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by 16 Cummins View Post
    The CAT filter has aluminum threads in the end and the Fleetguards that I've used are stamped steel.
    Some people have gualded the threads by screwing the CAT filter with aluminum threads onto the aluminum filter housing. Aluminum on aluminum threads will almost weld itself together.You can use antiseize but it will wash off and I speculate it continues downstream to the pump and injectors.

I bought a six pack on Amazon for $60 when I decided to go this route. All individually shrink wrapped so they can sit and wait their turn without getting dirty.

thank you, i ordered 3 from Genos this evening, nothing against Cat but the extra percaution of the nano net i think is the best bet.

11. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 16 Cummins View Post

Good info there- thanks

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

12. Top Of Page | #9
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

One thing to consider is the micron rating and your engine needs. The thickness of a hair (50 microns) is very small and were buying filters rated way smaller than needed. The stock single stage filter is rated at 35 to 45 microns and the nanos are way less. The need of the filter is to remove trash from the oil thus decrease the wear of the engine parts. But is you go way smaller than your vehicle requires for the service life of the filter .. they plug up .. and you're going through the filter bypass. Thus ... you're doing nothing to filter the circulating oil until you change it out. I'd consider what micron rating would be my minimum and stay with it.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan