Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  21
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Removing Sway Bar(s)

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Removing Sway Bar(s)

I removed the front sway bar on my 2015 2500 and I cant even tell the difference.

I think these radius arm design is so stiff I personally don't think the sway bar does much of anything.

The radius arm itself acts like a sway bar.

I've been driving for months with it off and I see no reason to ever put it back on.

I drive lots of highway and gravel forest roads and curvy roads around the northwest.

2015 Ram 2500 Laramie, full delete, 4.88 gears, 40" Milestar Patagonia on Method wheels AEV 3" dual sport suspension, Thuren softride coils King Shocks with resi's

2. Thanks scs210 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, SyN liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Just to update this thread.

I replaced my Sway bar with a Thuren active rate and can really tell a difference!

I drive back roads a lot and SC roads suck!!

This upgrade has made a big difference when I hit bad spots independently per tire.

I guess it's allowing the spring and shock to do their jobs.

Only negative is that cornering has been affected.

Seems like i need to turn more during cornering.

Not sure if that would be a positive for tire wear or negative.

2018 Pearl White Ram 2500 Cummins 6.7, 5" RC Lift with 37x13.5r20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, Fuel Maverick, RC Steering Stabilizers, 4.10 gears, RevMax VB, RIGID Led bumper lights

4. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, SyN liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

I have a Carli Torsion bar on my 2019.

Huge difference in ride quality, but my front end is still very stiff even with the 2.5" pintop Kings.

The sway bar will help with articulation on the trails, but your ride quality is going to be based around tires, springs, & shocks more than anything.

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

6. Likes watersupply189, SyN liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

You are right.

The front end is still very stiff but hitting bad spots in the roads with one tire, the torsion (sway bar) has helped me a good bit.

I'm not getting shaken around like i was before.

I've been running my 37s at 40 front and 45 rear.

Same setting as before with stock sway bar.

2018 Pearl White Ram 2500 Cummins 6.7, 5" RC Lift with 37x13.5r20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, Fuel Maverick, RC Steering Stabilizers, 4.10 gears, RevMax VB, RIGID Led bumper lights

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

I run 45F/40R on my truck for street driving.

Might try that on yours as well.

I find a higher pressure in the front makes a good difference in how the truck drives.

Now I do have beadlocks, so on the trails I can air down pretty far, but my most recent trip over some washboards at 45/40 was brutal, ended up overheating my Kings which I'm super not happy about.

Dropped to 30F/25R for the remainder of the trail which helped but I had to slow my pace down a bit and let the shocks cool before I got my ride quality back.

Not sure how bad it is to get the shocks that hot, but I can't imagine it was good for them.

Overall though these trucks are stiff and it takes a good amount of aftermarket magic to get that front end to soften up.

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

10. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes SyN, watersupply189, TCoopSC liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12