Quote Originally Posted by CMB View Post
If you don't mind me asking, how do you like the K&N filter?

Have you experienced any type of "dust" getting by?

Have you checked the intake tube right before the turbo?

I've had great success with a completely open K&N filter on other off-road vehicles that see conditions that are considerably more dirty than this on road rig.

I'd really like to put my K&N back in just haven't heard if they will filter the air as required.

I'm eager to hear your experience.

Thanks,
IMO, on any aftermarket “oiled” filters, if oiled correct would be less worried about the filter oil traveling past and into the intake pathway. I’m more worried about a EGR system or the gunk that gets loaded into the turbo from a CCV.
I have had many thousands of miles of use with using a K/Nfilter, AFE and S&B filters that are oiled, they were stock replacement ones or using their CAI kits.

The problems I have had were usually my own fault. I learned to not wait as long to clean them. I bought a 2nd filter to run while the other is pulled and soaking in cleaner. This allowed me to take my time and not feel rushed to just get the filter back on.
So I moved from K/N to AFE because I liked the better filtering that was advertised at the time.

When S&B first came out and still today they are less money compared to a AFE. So that’s why I switched on my last truck I got a S&B cheaper.

And now my current new truck I have a S&B system on it with the paper throw-away filter. These filters are not as expensive as they were in the past.

If you want your filters to look better and last longer the paper or oiled, get a prefilter sack or you can put a black pantyhose over them. This saved me on all of my open lid filters in the past due to all the short pine needles around me.