Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Crank but no start!

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: Crank but no start!

Didn’t see any frayed wires. Guess I need to check out wire diagram and trace the the things that are not powered to their source and see what that leads me to...

2. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Were all the fuses right when you tested them?

It may be one is loose and moving a little bit on you at intermittent times.

Wonder if a reflash may help out this situation as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

3. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Papafunguy View Post
    Didn’t see any frayed wires. Guess I need to check out wire diagram and trace the the things that are not powered to their source and see what that leads me to...

Was the truck sitting at all or is it run daily?

Any accessories lights etc that are used?

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

Don’t find anything at the firewall but did have success (sort of) under the fuse box. Somewhere in that mass of wires is my issue.

It was doing its thing so I had my wife watch the gauges and let me know when they came on.

I unlatched the fuse box to get access underneath and as I started pulling the fuse box up the gauges came on. I pushed up on wires and reset the fuse box on box below and things worked for the day.

Next morning, same thing. This time I popped the fuse box loose and moved it around a bit and gauges came on again.

This time I just left it where it was. Now when things don’t work I just move the fuse box around till things come on. I will need to get in there soon and find “the” wire or wires and fix it.

Also, twice now when I start up the transmission is locked in 4th gear.

Tried manual mode with no success. Shut off engine and started again and all was well.

Any ideas?

5. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Papafunguy View Post
    Don’t find anything at the firewall but did have success (sort of) under the fuse box. Somewhere in that mass of wires is my issue.

It was doing its thing so I had my wife watch the gauges and let me know when they came on.

I unlatched the fuse box to get access underneath and as I started pulling the fuse box up the gauges came on. I pushed up on wires and reset the fuse box on box below and things worked for the day.

Next morning, same thing. This time I popped the fuse box loose and moved it around a bit and gauges came on again.

This time I just left it where it was. Now when things don’t work I just move the fuse box around till things come on. I will need to get in there soon and find “the” wire or wires and fix it.

Also, twice now when I start up the transmission is locked in 4th gear.

Tried manual mode with no success. Shut off engine and started again and all was well.

Any ideas?

This is a nightmare to look at on phone- take a look on your laptop and see what color wire the gauges/instrument cluster/EVIC could be any of those names are.

Sounds like that wire is cut/shorting out intermittently

https://Mopar1973man.com/topic/14537...13-cummins-67/

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

6. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

Thanks for info, haven’t had a chance to look yet but now I have another issue. Now it won’t crank..... Sounds like the seater engaged but doesn’t turnover. Tried several time, tapped on started ( usually works for solenoid problems) nothing. Batteries are brand new and fully charged. Tried jumping, same thing. My next step was to put power straight to starter to see if it does anything. Hoping it’s not another electronic issue.... I’m guessing I’m guessing if bypass doesn't work I pull starter and test. Any other input.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123