Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  43
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Deleted and Exhaust Brake

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: Deleted and Exhaust Brake

Quote Originally Posted by TheDad View Post
    Good to know that everything is good. Like I said I saw that first video while I was still “learning” the tranny so when I finally kicked the exhaust brake on I was a bit worried because it definitely sounded different. Just out of curiosity what makes his sound so deep and throaty? He is also running a 5” flo pro turbo back. Could it be the tuning? I see everyone who says theres sounds the same also has drd’s mm3
    I would put all of my money on the camera it was filmed with as well as other environmental variables.

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Good to know that everything is good. Like I said I saw that first video while I was still “learning” the tranny so when I finally kicked the exhaust brake on I was a bit worried because it definitely sounded different. Just out of curiosity what makes his sound so deep and throaty? He is also running a 5” flo pro turbo back. Could it be the tuning? I see everyone who says theres sounds the same also has drd’s mm3
    If you take another look at the video, it looks like there's a bank along the road on the passenger side. That would make it much louder in the truck. A stage 2 intake will give it a little more growl under the hood as well... or maybe a huge exhaust tip. Who knows what all he has.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

4. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

My truck sounds pretty much the same it's a 4" straight pipe with s&b intake Ray's tunes , love it

16 cummins Laramie longhorn, ccsb, 35x12.5x20 xplora mts ,tis wheels,fully deleted, pusher add a turbo kit,stainless diesel 475 5blade turbo over 63mm VGT delete turbo,manton springs, manton valve bridges,manton pushrods,ARP 625 headstuds,steedspeed t4i manifold , S&S 80% over injectors, thuren rear trackbar, kingspeed billet valve cover, revmax valve body billet plate, CCV reroute, pusher intake horn, thuren 2in level with king 2.5 front and rear, sway bar kit ,track bar and king steering damper. Air bags from airlift. 4" exhaust, fass lift pump,MM3,DRD tunes.pusher coolant reroute.

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

Well at least I know now that there is nothing wrong. I really like the way that his truck sounds. Wish I knew what he had done to it. Maybe some kind of sound tune?

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

Another short one. Way more of a whistle than a rumble. Nothing like the other vid I posted.

I thinks it’s because you were driving by that tall building do the acoustics are different . Sounds good to me!

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TexNeck View Post
    I thinks it’s because you were driving by that tall building do the acoustics are different . Sounds good to me!
    Yeah. I did that on purpose to see if there was any difference in sound.

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AKram2500 View Post
    Perfectly normal, it sounds pretty cool too!
    Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    100% normal.

It's a great way to announce to tailgaters that they're about to have a bad day too.
    Quote Originally Posted by watersupply189 View Post
    Perfectly normal! Love that sound when my exhaust brake activates.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!
    Agreed

Perfectly normal. It sounds like you are in lower gears with the converter locked. It will break harder that way. It's a good thing.

Take it out of tow mode and just drive it. The trans will learn better. Enjoy

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

14. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  15. Top Of Page | #28

User Info Menu

Re: Deleted and exhaust brake

That sounds like mine did when the back block off plate blew the gasket on egr delete.

Only reason I knew a difference in sound was I ran it with DRD MM3 without delete for a couple of weeks.

When I deleted it then it made that noise. More like a scream.

Scared the crap out of cars if I did it next to cars.

When I removed the EGR the whole stud came out of the back instead of just the nut.

When I put a block off the plate it wouldn't tighten down right.

Blew the gasket.

Put a washer and all was good.

Sounded super sweet though.

16. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123