Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  13

Thread: 2014 RAM 3500 68RFE Clicking Noise

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

2014 RAM 3500 68RFE Clicking Noise

My truck is at the dealership and it got a transmission in August 2018 less than 30,000 miles ago.

Well it started makeing this clicking sound like a bike shifting when I get off the throttle.

The dealership ended up saying my over drive cluch pack was burnt up and a valve somewhere for the over drive was burnt up.

So they replaced that under warranty and it is still doing the same thing they can not figure it out.

The truck is completely stock for now. I ordered everything to delete it right before it started acting up.

The MM3 from Double R Diesel and 5" exhaust is at the house.

They have had the truck for a month and have no clue what is going on with it.

Does anyone have any ideas of what it could be?

2. Thanks watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 2014 RAM 3500 68RFE Clicking Noise

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Cromwell View Post
    My truck is at the dealership and it got a transmission in August 2018 less than 30,000 miles ago.

Well it started makeing this clicking sound like a bike shifting when I get off the throttle.

The dealership ended up saying my over drive cluch pack was burnt up and a valve somewhere for the over drive was burnt up.

So they replaced that under warranty and it is still doing the same thing they can not figure it out.

The truck is completely stock for now. I ordered everything to delete it right before it started acting up.

The MM3 from Double R Diesel and 5" exhaust is at the house.

They have had the truck for a month and have no clue what is going on with it.

Does anyone have any ideas of what it could be?
    Hopefully someone will chime in. Have you asked for a completely new/rebuilt trans? If they can’t figure it out it should be swapped IMO. A month is a long time to be in a rental!

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

It's been a nightmare im going to ask for new everything tomorrow they kept putting it off and saying they will get to it tomorrow for 2 weeks then it took them 2.5 weeks to get me in a loaner truck ??

6. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

It's been a nightmare im going to ask for new everything tomorrow they kept putting it off and saying they will get to it tomorrow for 2 weeks then it took them 2.5 weeks to get me in a loaner truck

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Seems to me you need to find a better dealership. I hope they can figure out what the problem is.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

10. Likes cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Cromwell View Post
    It's been a nightmare im going to ask for new everything tomorrow they kept putting it off and saying they will get to it tomorrow for 2 weeks then it took them 2.5 weeks to get me in a loaner truck
    Let them know if there’s no resolution you’ll be writing FCA and filing with BBB. Unacceptable!

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

12. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I've already got a FCA case open I think that's why I got the loaner.

It's been beyond horrible every dealership around me is 2 + weeks and out on top of that I got charged a diagnosis fee because they said it was something totally unrelated and that they couldn't get it to make the noise.

14. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post