Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: P0868 governor pressure sensor voltage too high

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

P0868 governor pressure sensor voltage too high

Hi all, new to the forum, hoping to get some help and give some help when I can. My Ram is throwing a soft code..p0868. I had previously replaced (8 years ago) the governor pressure solenoid and transducer with the DNC billet adapter and new Borg Warner solenoid and rastra? Transducer. The other day I thought I'd lost first gear. Did some research.. Pointing me towards replacing the solenoid and transducer again. So I did. Started it up.

Ran great for 15 minutes then there that code again. I have since learned as soon as it codes, its going into limp mode.

If I delete the code with my tuner, it instantly shifts and runs perfect. I have in the past week replaced the solenoid and transducer again.. To no avail... And tonight replaced the tcc and vb harness after reading that was probably the culprit. Still throws code after roughly 10 minutes of driving. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Some info... Trans was rebuilt and "upgraded" 75k-ish ago. Billet low stall converter, transgo shift kit, sonnax servo, upgraded bands blah blah...

Nothing too crazy.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

2. Likes david3gen liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: P0868 governor pressure sensor voltage too high

Welcome @aantee1234

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 dodge ram 2500 laramie crew cab 5.9 cummins. 10x20 et-24 fuel offroad with 275.60r20 tires. bully dog gt tuner. 48re ATS built tranny triple disc converter ATS oilpan and transgo quick shifter. 4" turbo back exhaust. brembo discs and pads

4. Likes aantee1234 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Hows your voltage on the truck? Batteries been done recently? Also have you checked ground straps for truck? When you start it do you pretty much throw it right in gear?

My third gen was very picky with voltage to put it mildly. If the batteries are low at all or have a bad ground it’ll make the ECM/pcm a nightmare and do funny things

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Batteries are good. Strong start ups every time. I'll check ground straps. I hear ya on the ecm theory. My truck has done some weird stuff in the past that was ecm related. I'll report back after I tinker with it today

7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I typically don't just throw it into gear after start up. I mean occasionally if I'm at the store I'll start it and wait maybe 2 seconds.. But initial stars every morning I let it warm up.

8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by aantee1234 View Post
    Batteries are good. Strong start ups every time. I'll check ground straps. I hear ya on the ecm theory. My truck has done some weird stuff in the past that was ecm related. I'll report back after I tinker with it today

check the dates on the batteries and if you can disconnect them and load test them to see the CCA and amps - the trucks pull a lot of voltage starting out

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

9. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TexNeck View Post
    check the dates on the batteries and if you can disconnect them and load test them to see the CCA and amps - the trucks pull a lot of voltage starting out
    They're good..I replaced them both late last year. Dates are 9/18 on both. Without actually testing them, I can disconnect one and the single battery cranks and starts the truck with zero issues. Both sides. I checked the ground cables, they were tight and clean. Batteries I left off overnight and cleaned the terminals before reconnecting. Just drove it... Still the same. Perfect until it's warm... Then throws p0868 and good into limp. I plug in smarty.. Delete code... Shifts perfectly for 10 or so minutes. Puzzled.

10. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

A little **UPDATE**. Throwing the p0868 code has zero to do with temperature as I first thought in my original post. No matter what the temp, the determining factor for throwing the code is driving fast enough to go into overdrive. As soon as it goes into overdrive, it goes into limp mode when I come to a stop. Up until then...I can drive it all day at any temp.

11. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Have you checked the fluid level? How old is the filter and do you know for a fact that it's installed properly/not misaligned/not damaged?

Also, after you replaced the transducer and solenoid did you clear codes and unhook batteries for about an hour?

It could also be a bad line pressure solenoid.

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

12. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Hi, fluid level is good. Filter is good and new when I dropped pan to replace solenoid and sensor. Have a smarty that I clear the DTC's with... And have removed both batteries overnight a week or so ago when this whole thing kinda got started. After a lot of late night research and forum digging, I THINK I may have solved it.. Will see. My new theory is..... When I originally had this happen..I instantly assumed gov press solenoid or transducer. They're NOTORIOUS for being a problem and mine lined up with the symptoms. So I bought and installed a new Borg Warner oversized solenoid and new rostra transducer. Thought it was good... Drive around town shifting and starting out from a stop perfectly. Now I realize that what triggers the p0868 code is when my truck goes fast enough to go into overdrive. The second that happens... Throws the code. So those weren't the fix. I then replace the tcc od harness.. Which also has the wiring for the solenoid and transducer attached to it. That did nothing. But I think what happened is the old tcc od harness was the initial problem...I then attached new parts to it, which it then probably shorted out the new parts, and so now I have a properly functioning tcc od harness, but compromised new solenoid and transducer. I've ordered them new again... We'll see if it's that... Fingers crossed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast