Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  5
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: P0868 governor pressure sensor voltage too high

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: P0868 governor pressure sensor voltage too high

thank you very much! hoping to get mine back up and going ASAP as my wife is bugging me to go fishing and that's our tow vehicle for the boat since we got rid of my other one to get her a 4runner. who am I kidding, she actually just wants to go the sandbar
    im totally considering getting a new one with no lift or just level for a tow vehicle/daily driver. but I honestly can't complain mine hasn't had an issue in the last 10 months since the whole fuel and cooling fan stuff.

04 3500 SRW 4x4. 4.5" icon stage 5 w/ full progressive rear leaf and 2.5 shocks, 20x9 procomp alloys, 37x13.50R20 Baja boss A/T, synergy steering, ARP headstuds, flopro 4” stainless, coolant bypass, oil bypass, smarty touch w/ custom tuning, fleece powerflo 750 CP3, fleece 2nd gen swap w/ AFE stainless manifold and s463, II 100hp injectors, AFE intercooler, pusher mega Intake with cross-air and mega tubes, fass titanium 165, Precision 48RE w/ billet upgrades and valve body, DPC 1800 stall billet triple disc, talon custom front/rear driveshafts, 4.11 gears. Fab fours black steel bumpers ~20 hwy ~17 city

2. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

I can't seem to find a way to link the items. Maybe the below link work.. But not sure. I got them from eBay. The key is to spend a little more to get a higher quality transducer. Don't spend less than $30. And you can find them made in the USA. These have been more dependable in my experience and others on these forums.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F272364670278

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F254017314742

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F190955409967

Video that showed me how to remove the tcc/od solenoid...

Hopefully this helps.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

3. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

Thank you!

Pretty sure that’s my problem still chasing it. I’ve found a few small things.

A fuse, etc. but nothing that fixed it yet.

04 3500 SRW 4x4. 4.5" icon stage 5 w/ full progressive rear leaf and 2.5 shocks, 20x9 procomp alloys, 37x13.50R20 Baja boss A/T, synergy steering, ARP headstuds, flopro 4” stainless, coolant bypass, oil bypass, smarty touch w/ custom tuning, fleece powerflo 750 CP3, fleece 2nd gen swap w/ AFE stainless manifold and s463, II 100hp injectors, AFE intercooler, pusher mega Intake with cross-air and mega tubes, fass titanium 165, Precision 48RE w/ billet upgrades and valve body, DPC 1800 stall billet triple disc, talon custom front/rear driveshafts, 4.11 gears. Fab fours black steel bumpers ~20 hwy ~17 city

4. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

There's only three electrical components in that whole transmission. Changing these out will almost guarantee a fix.. Unless there's something wrong with the TC. But it'd be showing other signs all the time.. Not just intermittently.

5. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

that's what I thought. but my mechanic friend seems to think its before the transmission somewhere that something is wrong with the harness or tcm. I thought if the converter was going bad id surely have some sort of signs. but nothing up until it started. first time it had ever done that and was absolutely fine the day before. so im going to go ahead and order all of that stuff and drop it in. hopefully it fixes it but if not it'll be a trans or tcm I guess.

6. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

My understanding is the 04s don't have a separate tcm. The trans is controlled thru the pcm, which is almost unheard of to go bad. Trust me, I scratched my head for almost a month, chasing "loose grounds" and "frayed wires" and running impedance and continuity checks on everything. Then I bit the bullet and replaced the three inside there. Haven't felt more relief then when it went back into first after a torque converter lock. Has run great ever since.

7. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

that's what I thought. manual says its behind the right battery but ive never found it. I thought too that the pcm controlled it. I ordered the parts so hopefully once they get here I can drop it all in and go. I need my truck.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123