Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  24
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MM3 DRD ABS Options

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

MM3 DRD ABS Options

Hey guys, a few questions.

I’m receiving my tuner Monday, but the exhaust is drop shipping from FLO~PRO in about 10 days.

Can I adjust tire sizes and TPMS pressures without tuning?

And, after I tune, and I get bored of looking at my gauges, can I take it all out and the tire size and TPMS settings will stay?

2018 ram 2500 4x4, with a Thuren lift, 2.75” front and 1” rear, 2.5 king shocks rolling on 37” Toyo mt tires.

Attached Images Attached Images

2. Thanks Jman, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes Jman, walla2k5, watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: MM3 DRD ABS Options

Quote Originally Posted by Swayse View Post

I’m receiving my tuner Monday, but the exhaust is drop shipping from FLO~PRO in about 10 days.

And, after I tune, and I get bored of looking at my gauges, can I take it all out and the tire size and TPMS settings will stay?

2018 ram 2500 4x4, with a Thuren lift, 2.75” front and 1” rear, 2.5 king shocks rolling on 37” Toyo mt tires.
    Yes after you tune it you can remove the monitor if you want to and you’ll retain all your settings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Likes walla2k5, watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Everything will stay without issue! Good looking truck too btw!

Out of curiosity, are you running 18" wheels? I had clearance issues with the brakes on my 4th gen with 18" methods; just curious what your workaround for the wheel weights hitting the calipers was?

6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post

Out of curiosity, are you running 18" wheels? I had clearance issues with the brakes on my 4th gen with 18" methods; just curious what your workaround for the wheel weights hitting the calipers was?
    Good question about the wheel weights. I really don't want 20" wheels, but would like to upgrade. I guess I could just paint the clip on's black, if I go that route.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

7. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by walla2k5 View Post
    Good question about the wheel weights. I really don't want 20" wheels, but would like to upgrade. I guess I could just paint the clip on's black, if I go that route.
    Mine were stick ons, but I had to pull them off and replace with double the amount of low profile weights.
    Next truck is probably going to get balance beads if I can find a place that actually knows how to do them. I was just interested in what others have done as I will put 18s on the new truck too.

9. Likes walla2k5, watersupply189 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Mine were stick ons, but I had to pull them off and replace with double the amount of low profile weights.
    Next truck is probably going to get balance beads if I can find a place that actually knows how to do them. I was just interested in what others have done as I will put 18s on the new truck too.
    Thanks for the insight! Ya, I've gone the balance bead route before, kept throwing the stick on weights it was awful. It took quite a few miles to "round out" the tires, but they were never quite right. Stop at a light and you started all over again. Just a touch better than bubble balanced and we all know how well that works...

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

11. Likes RamIt, watersupply189 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by walla2k5 View Post
    Thanks for the insight! Ya, I've gone the balance bead route before, kept throwing the stick on weights it was awful. It took quite a few miles to "round out" the tires, but they were never quite right. Stop at a light and you started all over again. Just a touch better than bubble balanced and we all know how well that works...
    Yeah my last experience with balance beads was horrendous. Felt like the front end of my truck was falling apart.

13. Likes walla2k5, watersupply189 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

17x8.5 wheels. The guys that balanced the wheels stuck the wheel weights in a place where the calipers won’t touch them, but, being toyo mt tires, they didn’t need much weight.

15. Thanks watersupply189, RamIt thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, walla2k5, RamIt liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

This is the only wheel that needed weight, it’s in the rear now, but it was in the front before I rotated.

Attached Images Attached Images

17. Thanks watersupply189, walla2k5, RamIt thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, walla2k5, RamIt liked this post
  18. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

17x8.5 wheels. The guys that balanced the wheels stuck the wheel weights in a place where the calipers won’t touch them, but, being toyo mt tires, they didn’t need much weight.
    Interesting, I appreciate the reply. I definitely wouldn't have expected 17s to clear, 18s were tight enough on the caliper, but I guess a lower offset would make a difference.

19. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast