Thanks Thanks:  13
Likes Likes:  41
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: G56 Gear Rollover

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

G56 Gear Rollover

So I just had a Valair DD organic quiet clutch installed on my 2014. Gear rollover is fairly bad in 3rd, 4th, and 5th gear mostly below 1500 rpm even under light load. I can also hear it in neutral, but its not too bad. I was wondering if anyone who has this clutch in their rig noticed if it got quieter as they broke it in? I haven't changed fluid or anything yet. Clutch also engages real close to the top, which I'm assuming I can adjust.

2. Likes walla2k5, watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

4. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: G56 Gear Rollover

You'll never get rid of the gear rollover, nature of the beast. Even with the quiet version the floater plate still knocks around in there. I used the recommended Delvac 50 and topped it off with an extra quart. Yes, the clutch completely engages near the top of the pedal, at least that's been my experience. Hope this helps.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

6. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes 03 unicorn, watersupply189, david3gen liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Yeah the shop that installed it told me that changing the fluid to a gear oil will drastically reduce the life of the tranny. I don't see how as long as its a good oil like the Delvac 50. I will finish the break in period and see how it is then. If its still bad i'll try the Delvac.

8. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Well the growling has tamed down a little bit after a few hundred miles. The problem I'm having now is starting from a stop, the truck "bucks" or surges real bad until the clutch hooks up. Taking off in 2nd is not an option because the truck hops so much. Tried upping the RPM's but that didn't help. I hope that smooths out after a few more miles.

10. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Workman View Post
    Well the growling has tamed down a little bit after a few hundred miles. The problem I'm having now is starting from a stop, the truck "bucks" or surges real bad until the clutch hooks up. Taking off in 2nd is not an option because the truck hops so much. Tried upping the RPM's but that didn't help. I hope that smooths out after a few more miles.
    Which clutch did you go with?

If you went with the ceramic it is very grabby.

I would still give it a little more time.

12. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Please keep us update with your clutch experience. I'm in the market for one as well and would be curious to know how does after a few thousand miles.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

14. Likes 03 unicorn, watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Roger that. I went with The Valair Organic DD quiet version. Only got about 200 miles on it now. Other than the Bucking I'm pretty pleased with it. Haven't beat on it much yet, but it sure feels good and strong. Pedal pressure feels exactly the same as stock. Shifting is slightly slower, but not as bad as I expected.

16. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes 03 unicorn, watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Workman View Post
    Roger that. I went with The Valair Organic DD quiet version. Only got about 200 miles on it now. Other than the Bucking I'm pretty pleased with it. Haven't beat on it much yet, but it sure feels good and strong. Pedal pressure feels exactly the same as stock. Shifting is slightly slower, but not as bad as I expected.
    Exactly the same clutch I was thinking about getting but trying to decide on organic or ceramic?
    Which is the difference between the two?

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

18. Likes 03 unicorn, walla2k5 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by watersupply189 View Post
    Exactly the same clutch I was thinking about getting but trying to decide on organic or ceramic?
    Which is the difference between the two?

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!
    I've never ran a ceramic clutch, but from what I've read they are a lot grabbier and not all that great for towing or daily driving. I imagine they would buck a lot more too.

20. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes 03 unicorn, watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast