Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  16

Thread: PL 1 Race 5" Exhaust System Install

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

PL 1 Race 5" Exhaust System Install

I'll start by saying this, @Dude's Diesel Performance really helped me out by getting this system to me really fast and I was in a pinch. Clayton is the man!

My truck is a 2012 Crew Cab 2500 and someone had deleted it and used a really cheap thin wall exhaust system on it which was breaking.

During the install of my Steed Speed manifold my turbo flange on my down-pipe completely broke off and I didn't even put any pressure on it.

This system's fit and finish was fantastic, very straight forward install.

The usual dropping of the transmission cross member had to be done, but I actually had more room around the pipe where it went up over the rear end than I did the 4" system I removed.

I highly recommend this particular 5" system. I've installed several exhaust kits under Dodge Diesel's and this one made it easy.

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: PL 1 Race 5" Exhaust System Install

The clamps used for the long sections of pipe under the cab and bed are your preference?

I need to replace a broken clamp and was looking for the best option.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

3. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5, Hotram9212 liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Awesome friend, looks good. Clayton is the man!

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

5. Thanks Hotram9212 thanked for this post
    Likes Hotram9212, watersupply189 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bayougrizz View Post
    The clamps used for the long sections of pipe under the cab and bed are your preference?

Actually I prefer a U style of clamp, as they are just your regular classic style of exhaust clamp. These seemed to be doing okay, however the flat band clamps that came with this exhaust I'm not a big fan of, but they seemed to be doing okay as well, I did shift one of the U style clamps to the back and use a flat band clamp up front.

7. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bayougrizz View Post

I run the flat band clamps on mine- they are easy enough to install. Only minor soot showing in a couple spots so I would recommend

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

9. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hotram9212 View Post
    Actually I prefer a U style of clamp, as they are just your regular classic style of exhaust clamp. These seemed to be doing okay, however the flat band clamps that came with this exhaust I'm not a big fan of, but they seemed to be doing okay as well, I did shift one of the U style clamps to the back and use a flat band clamp up front.

I just got the same set up. It looks like in you're pictures that the down pipe reduces to a 4 in. Mine is a full 5in did I get the wrong down pipe or will the pipe connect. I haven't torn anything down but I planned on doing the swap this weekend.

11. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Mine reduced just right on the end of the pipe to connect to the flange pipe to the turbo, then immediately swelled to 5" all the way to the end.

13. Thanks Cole60 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Cole60 liked this post