Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  16

Thread: Thuren Springs?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Thuren Springs?

I finally noticed that my front axle isn't centered under the truck due to the leveling kit I installed a couple of years ago. It appears that Thuren and Carli are the recommended brands for a good quality adjustable track bar. I'm sure you know how "project creep" works - I was digging around on Thuren's website today and noticed their soft ride springs and thought "Well, if I'm going to have to get it aligned again for the track bar maybe I just throw some new springs in there and get a better ride at the same time." So, with that in mind, does anyone have feedback on what appears to be their newer product, the XS Performance Coils? It looks like these are "extra soft" when compared to their other springs and still provide the 2" of leveling that I'm looking for. My truck is really only utilized for on-road use; both unloaded and pulling an 8K# 30' camper. Maybe a dirt road or the beach every once in a while but never any high speed or extreme type of use. If the ride on the highway with the XS spring is better than their standard soft coil and you all have some positive feedback this might be a good possibility. Then again if they are too mushy I'm out. Here's a link to the XS spring and their description. I'd be grateful to hear any feedback you all might have on either of their springs...

https://www.thurenfabrication.com/pr...nce-coils.html

These are our new 94-13 Xtra-Soft front coils. Being softer than normal, we don't have exact height feedback yet, so until we do these will be offered at the introductory price of $300 per pair. Price will go up to the normal $350 as soon as we can give accurate heights.
    The original goal of these coils is to address the Hemi and Power Wagon trucks, but these are PLENTY durable to be used as an extra soft front coil on the Diesel trucks, too.
    These coils free-height is the exact same 22" as our standard Diesel coils, so full flex and ultimate wheel travel is still available.
    ONLY FITS SOLID AXLE 4-LINK TRUCKS
    CLOSE mathematical ESTIMATES on lift heights, regarding the most common Quad-Cab trucks, for the time being....
    Being very soft lift heights will vary quite a bit.
    1994-2002 Ram 1500/2500/3500 Gas trucks = 4.0"
    1994-2002 Ram 2500/3500 Diesel trucks = 3.0"
    2003-2009 Ram 1500/2500/3500 Gas trucks = 3.25"
    2003-2009 Ram 2500/3500 Diesel trucks = 2.25"
    2005-2009 Ram Power Wagon = 1.25"
    2010-2013 Ram 2500/3500 Gas trucks = 3.00"
    2010-2013 Ram 2500/3500 Diesel trucks = 2.00"
    2010-2013 Ram Power Wagon = 1.00"

2012 Ram 2500 Laramie 4x4 Crew Cab 6.7 Cummins. RevMax built 68RFE "550" transmission w/ billet flexplate/low stall triple disc TC/direct oiling billet input shaft. 35"x12.50" Toyo Open Country AT2 tires on OEM 20" wheels, Thuren soft ride front springs, Thuren track bar, Thuren upper and lower control arms, Hellbent steering box brace, King 2.0 steering damper, Redhead steering box, Fox 2.0 shocks, Carli ball joints, Caterpillar fuel filter/Donaldson water separator, ARP 425 head studs, Viair onboard air compressor, airlift 5k# rear airbags, V4 LED headlights, Kenwood head unit

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Thuren Springs?

Quote Originally Posted by BSchambs View Post
    I finally noticed that my front axle isn't centered under the truck due to the leveling kit I installed a couple of years ago. It appears that Thuren and Carli are the recommended brands for a good quality adjustable track bar. I'm sure you know how "project creep" works - I was digging around on Thuren's website today and noticed their soft ride springs and thought "Well, if I'm going to have to get it aligned again for the track bar maybe I just throw some new springs in there and get a better ride at the same time." So, with that in mind, does anyone have feedback on what appears to be their newer product, the XS Performance Coils? It looks like these are "extra soft" when compared to their other springs and still provide the 2" of leveling that I'm looking for. My truck is really only utilized for on-road use; both unloaded and pulling an 8K# 30' camper. Maybe a dirt road or the beach every once in a while but never any high speed or extreme type of use. If the ride on the highway with the XS spring is better than their standard soft coil and you all have some positive feedback this might be a good possibility. Then again if they are too mushy I'm out. Here's a link to the XS spring and their description. I'd be grateful to hear any feedback you all might have on either of their springs...

https://www.thurenfabrication.com/pr...nce-coils.html

These are our new 94-13 Xtra-Soft front coils. Being softer than normal, we don't have exact height feedback yet, so until we do these will be offered at the introductory price of $300 per pair. Price will go up to the normal $350 as soon as we can give accurate heights.
    The original goal of these coils is to address the Hemi and Power Wagon trucks, but these are PLENTY durable to be used as an extra soft front coil on the Diesel trucks, too.
    These coils free-height is the exact same 22" as our standard Diesel coils, so full flex and ultimate wheel travel is still available.
    ONLY FITS SOLID AXLE 4-LINK TRUCKS
    CLOSE mathematical ESTIMATES on lift heights, regarding the most common Quad-Cab trucks, for the time being....
    Being very soft lift heights will vary quite a bit.
    1994-2002 Ram 1500/2500/3500 Gas trucks = 4.0"
    1994-2002 Ram 2500/3500 Diesel trucks = 3.0"
    2003-2009 Ram 1500/2500/3500 Gas trucks = 3.25"
    2003-2009 Ram 2500/3500 Diesel trucks = 2.25"
    2005-2009 Ram Power Wagon = 1.25"
    2010-2013 Ram 2500/3500 Gas trucks = 3.00"
    2010-2013 Ram 2500/3500 Diesel trucks = 2.00"
    2010-2013 Ram Power Wagon = 1.00"
    Good evening bud, im a large dealer for both of them and will be happy to help.

I'll shoot you a message.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I have a full Thuren kit on my 16 with the king 2.5 shocks, track bar and sway bar kit. It does ride a lot better.

The only thing is if your going to tow heavy I'd definitely put a set of air bags on.

My bags are off right now but I will be putting them on soon, towed a skid steers trailer with 4K lbs on it and she is a leaner for sure.

16 cummins Laramie longhorn, ccsb, 35x12.5x20 xplora mts ,tis wheels,fully deleted, pusher add a turbo kit,stainless diesel 475 5blade turbo over 63mm VGT delete turbo,manton springs, manton valve bridges,manton pushrods,ARP 625 headstuds,steedspeed t4i manifold , S&S 80% over injectors, thuren rear trackbar, kingspeed billet valve cover, revmax valve body billet plate, CCV reroute, pusher intake horn, thuren 2in level with king 2.5 front and rear, sway bar kit ,track bar and king steering damper. Air bags from airlift. 4" exhaust, fass lift pump,MM3,DRD tunes.pusher coolant reroute.

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Thuren Springs?

Thanks for the replies and information.

Clayton with Dude’s Diesel got me fixed up with 2” Thuren springs and one of their adjustable track bars.

I’ll update after install with results!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2012 Ram 2500 Laramie 4x4 Crew Cab 6.7 Cummins. RevMax built 68RFE "550" transmission w/ billet flexplate/low stall triple disc TC/direct oiling billet input shaft. 35"x12.50" Toyo Open Country AT2 tires on OEM 20" wheels, Thuren soft ride front springs, Thuren track bar, Thuren upper and lower control arms, Hellbent steering box brace, King 2.0 steering damper, Redhead steering box, Fox 2.0 shocks, Carli ball joints, Caterpillar fuel filter/Donaldson water separator, ARP 425 head studs, Viair onboard air compressor, airlift 5k# rear airbags, V4 LED headlights, Kenwood head unit

6. Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BSchambs View Post
    Thanks for the replies and information.

Clayton with Dude’s Diesel got me fixed up with 2” Thuren springs and one of their adjustable track bars.

I’ll update after install with results!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you for the mention Mr. Brian!

It was a pleasure doing business with you and I can't wait until you get to get these installed!

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

8. Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

So, what was the result?

I want to replace the coil spacers on my truck with Thuren 3” coils, and their Fox shocks.

Maybe Clayton can hook me up as well.

2010 2500 Laramie auto, deleted, DRD MM3
    1970 Plymouth Duster drag car

10. Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gump View Post
    So, what was the result?

I want to replace the coil spacers on my truck with Thuren 3” coils, and their Fox shocks.

Maybe Clayton can hook me up as well.
    @Gump I can get you fixed up with a Thuren kit.

PM incoming.

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

12. Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post