Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  7

Thread: Fail safe mode?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Fail safe mode?

I’ve never modded any of my previous trucks so I’m learning a lot from this forum. I’m saving for a tuner from DRD but thought of a question and didn’t want to bother him with another question. I did search but couldn’t find an answer so decided to just ask.

Question: What happens if the MM3 fails? Is there a by pass mode that will allow the engine to run as normal?

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Fail safe mode?

The MM3 monitors, switches and installs your tunes in the ECM (Engine Control Module). If the MM3 fails or is removed your engine will continue to run just fine on the last tune programmed into the ECM.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

4. Thanks watersupply189, Thomas1960 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Thomas1960 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    The MM3 monitors, switches and installs your tunes in the ECM (Engine Control Module). If the MM3 fails or is removed your engine will continue to run just fine on the last tune programmed into the ECM.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes sir like stated the MM33 failing will not cause an issue with your truck.

If the tune or software has malfunction then you will need to contact the tuner asap to get it resolved if the normal steps of recovery fail.

It doesn't happen all the time but it does happen because like anything electronic things do glitch.

Rest assured it can be fixed one way or another.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

6. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Thanks for the input.