Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  9

Thread: H&S Updater

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

H&S Updater

Looks like H&S is still a good option for a cost effective tuner and comes with gauges. I almost went to a different tuner after a dealer visit updated my ECM which caused problems with my Mini Maxx. After a few attempts and fails to correct I decided to try the H&S updater. I used a blank SD card (formatted) and blank card option on the updater, selected Mini Maxx and my vehicle. After the update had loaded on the SD card I noticed that the the folders Custom, Ford13, Ford64, Ford67 and Log were not on the updated card, so I copy and pasted them over to the updated card. After inserting the updated card into the Mini Maxx, ,powered it up and went into settings, Update firmware. The head unit updated seamlessly and my truck is running good again.
    Here is the link for the H&S updater: https://dieseltunerpros.com/discussi...s-updater-here

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: H&S Updater

Quick update !!!
    For about a week after the update, everything was fine. Yesterday my Mini Maxx would not power up. You would see a quick flash of white on the screen then nothing (black screen) Not sure if this is related to the update or not since it took a week for this to happen after updating. Trying to find out the problem and will keep all posted on my findings. If anyone else has dealt with this issue please chime in. My truck is running fine and I removed the head unit to troubleshoot. At this time I am creating a new sd card using the updater.

3. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Ok, this is another update on my issue. I formatted an sd card to FAT since FAT32 is not recommended. Had to use a 32GB car partitioned to 4GB since the update was just over 2GB. Same problem, quick flash of white on the screen then nothing. Looks like it is a brick now. From what I read, it will take some time after the update but will brick the head unit. Why they keep a link up to update is beyond me. Im not going to pay $200 to fix and will buy a new tuner. Will miss my Mini Maxx though, I had been using it for 3 years and had my own custom tune on it.

5. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Sorry about that.

If it makes you feel any better I had Mini Maxx for three years with the H&S transmission tuning and just updated to an MM3 by Double R a few weeks ago.

Night and day difference.

Aside from the power improvement the transmission tuning is stunningly superior. With the old tuner the 1-2 shift was like dropping the clutch - with the new tuner it’s vastly smoother all the way through the gears.

Wife even commented on it which means there must be a big difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2012 Ram 2500 Laramie 4x4 Crew Cab 6.7 Cummins. RevMax built 68RFE "550" transmission w/ billet flexplate/low stall triple disc TC/direct oiling billet input shaft. 35"x12.50" Toyo Open Country AT2 tires on OEM 20" wheels, Thuren soft ride front springs, Thuren track bar, Thuren upper and lower control arms, Hellbent steering box brace, King 2.0 steering damper, Redhead steering box, Fox 2.0 shocks, Carli ball joints, Caterpillar fuel filter/Donaldson water separator, ARP 425 head studs, Viair onboard air compressor, airlift 5k# rear airbags, V4 LED headlights, Kenwood head unit

7. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Well, I've been milking a dry cow for awhile.

If H&S were still around it would be a simple fix.

I'm looking at a MM3. Not a lot of info on Warp tuning though, they haven't made any type of tuning guide to help out. I will spring for the tuning option so I can use my tune. MM3 and RaceMe ultra are basically the same with RaceME Ultra having 10 preloaded tunes.

Don't really like the fact that they limit the tuner to 4 VIN licenses total.

MM3 told me they offer a fleet version that allows 200 like EFI Live.

I was looking at EFI Live to but they removed delete options from their software.

9. Likes watersupply189 liked this post