Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7

Thread: I got issues!!! LOL

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

I got issues!!! LOL

I bought used 2016 Dodge Ram 2500. It came with a MM3 programmed. By Double R.

My issue is it’s slow to load, and I’m wanting a few tunes. I’m hoping this is the right place for help..

PLEASE HELP ME GET THIS UPDATED ...

2. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: I got issues!!! LOL

When you say slow to load, what are you referring to?

4. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Takes about 20 seconds to load the new tune on the fly, my understanding it should be almost instantly.

So update was needed.. unfortunately, the tunes already entered into the tuner belonged to someone else and I don’t know his name, so I had to purchase a new tune package in my name, to reprogram the MM3 tuner already installed.

6. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon3616 View Post
    Takes about 20 seconds to load the new tune on the fly, my understanding it should be almost instantly. So update was needed.. unfortunately, the tunes already entered into the tuner belonged to someone else. And I don’t know his name, so I had to purchase a new tune package in my name, to reprogram the mm3 tuner already installed
    So 20 seconds is pretty normal for OTF tunes. My Ultra took around 30-45 seconds to load OTF/RT tunes. I never had an issue with it.

As far as locked tunes go, unfortunately, these tuners are VIN locked.

So you will always need another VIN license when moving the tuner to another vehicle.

This is to prevent people from tuning all of their friends trucks with one tuner.

8. Likes AK Bob, walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Welcome to the forum!

If you want instant hp changes you will need the MM3 "switch upgrade".

It is not actually a switch, it is an additional screen with 6 power levels 0 (30hp), 1(60hp), 2(90hp), 3(120hp), 4(150hp), 5(200hp).

As far as the sound tunes go (normal, 12v, whistle, lope) those still take 20-30 seconds.

Did you repurchase tuning from DRD?

2017 RAM 2500 Big Horn sport appearance package, Auto Level Rear Suspension, MM3 "switch" Fully deleted - tuned by DRD, Fleece Cheetah, Airaid Jr. CAI, 3.5" Banks Monster intake horn, Pusher Boost Tubes, 5" TBE with a Flo~Pro Twister muffler, *** EGR disappear kit, Black Market Performance CAT fuel filter and water separator, Black Market Performance fuel heater, Black Market Performance head studs, AFE deep trans pan, Revmax trans cooler bypass, Revmax HD Valve Body, DPC Low stall converter with billet flywheel, AFE pro series rear diff cover, Amsoil throughout provided by mcsynthetics.myamsoil.com

10. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Time to load the tuning sounds about right.

As stated, if you re-tune with "Switch" they load much faster.

Contact DRD, for more info.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I thought the tunes were associated with the VIN not someone's name. Are you saying if I sell my truck the purchaser will need to buy the tunes again if they want to update? That just doesn't sound right. I can understand paying the 150 for 30 days of "TECH TIME" or what ever. DRD's time is certainly worth every bit of that.

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie, 3" BDS Coil over, DuraFlap, 68RFE, 4.10, 35s, Front receiver, Krown protected

13. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CMB View Post
    I thought the tunes were associated with the VIN not someone's name. Are you saying if I sell my truck the purchaser will need to buy the tunes again if they want to update? That just doesn't sound right. I can understand paying the 150 for 30 days of "TECH TIME" or what ever. DRD's time is certainly worth every bit of that.

If you sell your truck with the tuner, then the new owner won't have any issues.

If you sell the tuner separately, then the buyer will need to buy a VIN license.

14. Likes walla2k5 liked this post