Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  10
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Codes (Some Permanent) Prior to EGR/DPF Delete and MM3 DRD Tuning

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Codes (Some Permanent) Prior to EGR/DPF Delete and MM3 DRD Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by the_white_shadow View Post
    I'm going to go ahead and ask my dumb questions here instead of starting another thread:

1. My MM3 tuner comes in Saturday, as well as my exhaust system. As Ray states in his videos, I will install the tuner first, then take off the exhaust. My EGR delete kit is a week or so out. Can I simply unplug the EGR and run the truck like that for a week or two? Will the truck run and drive fine with the tuner installed and the DPF system still connected?

2. I read i should unplug the throttle body valve. Any issues with this? I don't plan on any other mods other than the exhaust and EGR delete.

3. CCV delete. Is this a good mod to do?
    1. Personal opinion, I pulled the exhaust off my 4th gen and then I loaded the tunes. I didn't Key On the truck with the exhaust off so it was never an issue. You do this whatever way you like, but if you do the exhaust first, just don't turn the truck on until you are putting the tunes on. You don't have to mess with the EGR, it's disabled by the tuning. DO NOT? load tunes and leave your stock exhaust on.

2. Yes, unplug the Throttle Valve. Buy a delete kit too.

3. This is debatable. I did not do it on my truck.

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

It’s my understanding that you can leave the EGR in place, just unplug it. The DPF, however, needs to be removed or you’ll be no better off than you are now, and I would think run the possibility of damage to your truck. Install the tuner, replace the exhaust, unplug the EGR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Alex, I found this link to a thread by @CARAM he just did this a couple of weeks ago. There is is video on page 2 of the thread.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...0&share_type=t

-Chris

2017 Ram 2500 Laramie CC 4x4

4. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by the_white_shadow View Post
    I'm going to go ahead and ask my dumb questions here instead of starting another thread:

1. My MM3 tuner comes in Saturday, as well as my exhaust system. As Ray states in his videos, I will install the tuner first, then take off the exhaust. My EGR delete kit is a week or so out. Can I simply unplug the EGR and run the truck like that for a week or two? Will the truck run and drive fine with the tuner installed and the DPF system still connected?

2. I read i should unplug the throttle body valve. Any issues with this? I don't plan on any other mods other than the exhaust and EGR delete.

3. CCV delete. Is this a good mod to do?
    You don’t even have to unplug the EGR- mine is still plugged in. The throttle valve can stay plugged in. On rare occasions it may still function randomly so it’s best to unplug it. Really a 20 second job. Unplug and zip tie/tuck it out of the way.

you don’t want to run with your factory exhaust really at all. Max recommended or cleared I think is 30 miles. It’s only recommended to leave it installed to make sure tunes load without error.

CCV is personal opinion. Ray recommends if it’s all stock pretty much besides his tunes to keep it the way it is. The vacuum from where it connects to inlet of turbo helps seal the rings along with another benefit.

It’s a $80 filter that needs replacing every 50-60k miles I think so not really a killer IMO.

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

5. Top Of Page | #15

The tuner came in today and I got everything installed.

Took it for a 2 mile test drive and I immediately noticed the much improved pedal response.

Exhaust is supposed to be in tomorrow so hopefully it will all be installed by the end of the weekend.

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Alex got his exhaust on and it sounds great.

We have 3 similar trucks that are getting deleted at pretty much the same time.

My tuner and exhaust will be in this week.

EGR delete by the weekend hopefully.

-Chris

2017 Ram 2500 Laramie CC 4x4

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12