Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  26
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crew Cab Long Bed on 35's. What Are Your Thoughts?

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Crew Cab Long Bed on 35's. What Are Your Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Slow Learner View Post
    Over time the diameter of the tire has continued to get bigger from the factory, with that a larger rim size kinda keeps a perspective that is somewhat familiar. With factory tires now being around 33" tall, a 17" wheel looks fine to me. Back when 15" rims were common from the factory, a lot of the tires were smaller than 30"- 31" tall.

This is the first truck I've had with 20's. I think I would prefer an 18 if I was chosing something. The one thing that I do like about the black rims is that it much harder to get a perspective of the tires height. Look at a truck with chrome 20's and then one with black 20's. With the same size tire, the chrome rim makes the sidewall look much shorter. The black rim blends with the tire, hard to tell where the rim starts and the tire ends.

The longer I have the truck, the more I am getting used to the look.
    You do have a nice looking truck and I see what you are talking about you having black 20" wheels. My 03 has the stock 17" crome clad wheels with 265 70s and soon to be Goodyear duratrac in the next week or so.

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slow Learner View Post
    Over time the diameter of the tire has continued to get bigger from the factory, with that a larger rim size kinda keeps a perspective that is somewhat familiar. With factory tires now being around 33" tall, a 17" wheel looks fine to me. Back when 15" rims were common from the factory, a lot of the tires were smaller than 30"- 31" tall.

This is the first truck I've had with 20's. I think I would prefer an 18 if I was chosing something. The one thing that I do like about the black rims is that it much harder to get a perspective of the tires height. Look at a truck with chrome 20's and then one with black 20's. With the same size tire, the chrome rim makes the sidewall look much shorter. The black rim blends with the tire, hard to tell where the rim starts and the tire ends.

The longer I have the truck, the more I am getting used to the look.
    Right, with larger brake rotors and multiple piston calipers the wheel diameter had to grow. But for the life of me, I don't get the 2"-3" sidewall, has to ride like poop.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

3. Likes 03 unicorn liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by walla2k5 View Post
    Right, with larger brake rotors and multiple piston calipers the wheel diameter had to grow. But for the life of me, I don't get the 2"-3" sidewall, has to ride like poop.
    Plus it has to reduce the max load comparison to something with a larger sidewall.

I use my truck as a truck. It will drive through fields, haul trailers ect.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12