Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: superchips programmer

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

superchips programmer

I just bought a truck (06 5.9) and it came with a superchips programmer. I haven't heard much about it and was curious if I should it or upgrade to something else?? It's completely stock besides that..

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

I hear they were pretty good on the 5.9's. But you have a Can Bus system, so I'm not sure. Maybe you want to update it. Do an intake air horn. The Pusher is a great deal. I put one in my truck and wow.

http://truckwurx.com/2003-2007-24-valve-cummins/1752-pusher-24v-intake-manifold-3-steel-2003-2007-24-valve-cummins-.html

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

if you want some more power step up to a smarty and change out the intake
    another good idea is to swap out the stock muffler

4. Top Of Page | #4
    guru of all things diesel Canadiandiesel's Avatar

User Info Menu

your a lucky person grabbing a 06, my personal opinion is throw that supercrap away and get efilive installed, you can do smarty for the time being but the best of the best is efilive

5. Likes K-Sons liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Canadiandiesel View Post
    your a lucky person grabbing a 06, my personal opinion is throw that supercrap away and get efilive installed, you can do smarty for the time being but the best of the best is efilive
    Agreed. Nothing else can touch what EFILIVE does. The nice part is EFI will set up personally for exactly what you want

7. Likes K-Sons liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I was curious about the EFIlive but its completely stock besides I just fully strait piped it.. how would the EFILIVE run with just that for now??

9. Top Of Page | #7
    guru of all things diesel Canadiandiesel's Avatar

User Info Menu

It will run just fine, depending on who does it they might only charge you a small reprogramming fee when you start modifying the truck for more tow/ power/ economy