Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  15
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Excessive tire wear

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Excessive tire wear

2015 3500 4x4. My dads truck will wear the outer edge of the front tires out in 15k miles. Truck sits stock and has been aligned. I see that moog does make offset ball joints but I do not think I should go that route. What are y'alls thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Excessive tire wear

Quote Originally Posted by Cbelcher View Post
    2015 3500 4x4. My dads truck will wear the outer edge of the front tires out in 15k miles. Truck sits stock and has been aligned. I see that moog does make offset ball joints but I do not think I should go that route. What are y'alls thoughts?

Has he took it to different alignment shops? Did this happen with one set of tires or multiple sets?

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

So far just one shop and multiple of the same size and brand tire.

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Does he haul heavy towing or in the bed?

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

8. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

So far just one shop and multiple of the same size and brand tire.

I'd try a different shop unless you just have a good past with them but they may just not be good at aligning this one truck(yes i've had that happen). Tires, are they BFG?

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I dont think that's what he had on there but not sure.

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

What pressure he run?

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

14. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by watersupply189 View Post
    Does he haul heavy towing or in the bed?

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....
    Great question, I experience the same front tire outer edge wear after 8-10K pulling my Fifth Wheel. First thing I thought was alignment but both dealership and independent alignment centers confirmed no issues with alignment. The consensus was the wear is normal due to the forces created by the heavy load.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

16. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    Great question, I experience the same front tire outer edge wear after 8-10K pulling my Fifth Wheel. First thing I thought was alignment but both dealership and independent alignment centers confirmed no issues with alignment. The consensus was the wear is normal due to the forces created by the heavy load.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Exactly! Lifting that front end up with a load on the back just a little will wear those tires out pretty quick.

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

18. Thanks AK Bob thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by watersupply189 View Post
    Exactly! Lifting that front end up with a load on the back just a little will wear those tires out pretty quick.

Sounds to me like maybe try a different brand of tires and heavier load rating my tires don’t wear out like that and my truck probably weighs 6 tons and pull trailers quite a bit also

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

20. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast