Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  11
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 6.7 Cummins Intermediate Lope

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

6.7 Cummins Intermediate Lope

Quote Originally Posted by DRD View Post
    A lope right after startup that goes away has been a typical thing with the newer base files we use from Chrysler.

Have no idea what causes it but it causes no issues.

Lopes that continue off and on constantly after the truck has warmed up could be a mechanical or sensor issue.

Ray,
    Double R Diesel
    Thank you Ray, you spent considerable time looking at my logs and even a video but could not pin point the cause.

All I can say is that at first it did not do it, then it began to do it occasionally in reverse, then in drive and now it has gotten worse and now does it at start up and at every stop.

It can get very violent, my wife wont drive it anymore, one of the reasons we bought this truck was for her to use to tow her horse to shows and club outings.

She says it is completely out of control trying to back her trailer on gravel up hill with the thing acting out and it really is.

I have the same problem when I want to back in someplace tight to unload a tractor or excavator the only thing I can do is give throttle to stop the lope or surge but it comes right back as soon as it settles back to idle or off throttle position.

I am beginning to wonder if it is a torque converter issue or related in some way. I am considering ordering and changing the FCA with a new unit from Geno's.

Really at a loss with what to check and look in to.

2. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Nito6two View Post
    Thank you Ray, you spent considerable time looking at my logs and even a video but could not pin point the cause.

All I can say is that at first it did not do it, then it began to do it occasionally in reverse, then in drive and now it has gotten worse and now does it at start up and at every stop.

It can get very violent, my wife wont drive it anymore, one of the reasons we bought this truck was for her to use to tow her horse to shows and club outings.

She says it is completely out of control trying to back her trailer on gravel up hill with the thing acting out and it really is.

I have the same problem when I want to back in someplace tight to unload a tractor or excavator the only thing I can do is give throttle to stop the lope or surge but it comes right back as soon as it settles back to idle or off throttle position.

I am beginning to wonder if it is a torque converter issue or related in some way. I am considering ordering and changing the FCA with a new unit from Geno's.

Really at a loss with what to check and look in to.
    I am wondering what if anything you have come up with as my truck is doing same thing now. Or if anyone else might have a idea.
    Mine does it Just in reverse tho, it does not do it all the time. At times it’s worse than others. If I shift from reverse to drive and back to reverse it goes away but leaving it in reverse I feel like I have a old muscle car with a huge cam.
    I have no lope tunes just the DRD 30-200 hp tunes.

2016. Laramie 2500, 68RFE, CC 4x4. DRD Medical plan. factory rear air. 2” lift/level. 35x12.5, Revmax vb with deep pan. ARP 425 head studs.

3. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon View Post
    I am wondering what if anything you have come up with as my truck is doing same thing now. Or if anyone else might have a idea.
    Mine does it Just in reverse tho, it does not do it all the time. At times it’s worse than others. If I shift from reverse to drive and back to reverse it goes away but leaving it in reverse I feel like I have a old muscle car with a huge cam.
    I have no lope tunes just the DRD 30-200 hp tunes.
    I never did get to the bottom of the issue.

That is exactly how it feels like you describe a old muscle car with way too much cam.

I really wish I could figure it out.

I just don't have the diagnostic tools available.

I have noticed some correlations that may or may not be related.

With mine I have noticed it will do it most often when going from idle to D or R but if I give it a little rev 500-800 rpm real quick and and put in gear the moment it comes back to idle speed it does not do it most of the time.

Another thing I have noticed is it seems to be more frequent in reverse especially with the wheels turned sharp near full lock while backing out if I straighten the wheels it gets less violent or goes away not always but at least some of the time.

Wish I had something better for ya.

I'm at a loss with this thing.

4. Likes SyN liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

Re: 6.7 Cummins Intermediate Lope

I replaced my injectors and that fixed the problem completely.

The truck now idles perfectly in all gears.

I had 1 injector that looked wet compared to the other 5 so not sure if that was the problem injector or not.

6. Likes Power247, AK Bob liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

Re: 6.7 Cummins Intermediate Lope

Man, I'm having this same issue.

The only thing is I have replaced everything!

Including the new BBi stage, 1.5s only does it occasionally, but at first, I thought it was more voltage-related or a converter issue.

EFI Tuned Full Fueling, Exergy 12mm stroker CP3, Evilfab kit, S474 Turbo, BBi Stage 1.5, Pusher Big Mani, G&R billet grid delete, Fire Ringd Head, port & polished, 110 springs, 625+ studs, fleece coolant bypass, hamilton push rods, Banks Intercooler, Big Charge pipes, Fleece filter delete, 165 AirDog, beans sump, 4” stainless straight pipe, Custom aluminum 5” Driveshaft, Custom 5” Intake, CCV Deleted, Hytec covers, 68RFE aftermarket Vb/tc, Arb air locking front diff, 33x13.50x20MTs

8. Likes Corkey, AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123