Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  11
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 6.7 Cummins Intermediate Lope

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

6.7 Cummins Intermediate Lope

Quote Originally Posted by Mxskidoo View Post
    I got a 2016 ram 2500 used to lope at idle on start up for thirty seconds to a minute and then smooth out. Changed filters and clean maf and map sensors with no change. The intake air diverter valve went out so I deleted the truck still didn't change but now it is beginning to get more frequent and lasting longer. And now will sometimes do it while idling after driving. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Truck has 76000 miles. Has egr delete kit and replaced the intake horn with the banks monster ram 3.5in when I did the deletes

I have had this since almost new on my 13 also. Deleted now with DRD tunes and still get the lope on start up occasionally. Have changed FCA, cleaned MAF, changed fuel filters, use Archoil in my fuel, new batteries and nothing seems to help. I get very little if any smoke and rail pressure looks good on start up.

Another person on this forum replaced their batteries and said their lope went away. Based on that I disabled my intake grid heater and it seems to have gotten better. One thing to check is your battery voltage before you start your truck. Best way would be with a meter directly on your battery. Anything less than 12.2 and it may be time for new batteries. If there is a known fix for this I haven’t found it.

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

After driving 70 miles this morning I checked the rail pressure and it varied up to 1300

3. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

After driving 70 miles this morning I checked the rail pressure and it varied up to 1300
    You'll need to be more specific on what you mean by that. Are you saying that at idle your rail pressure is fluctuating 1300 psi +/-?

4. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Yes its fluctuating between 4100-5400 psi rail pressure giving it 1300 +/- variable.

5. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Yes its fluctuating between 4100-5400 psi rail pressure giving it 1300 +/- variable.
    That's normal operating range from what I've pulled up.

You may have an injector issue possibly.

6. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Id start easy with FCA test- if you unplug the sensor with it at idle it should sound like a 12v and peg your rail pressure to 25k +- you don’t want to leave it unplugged for too long. If you do this test before driving or anything your MM3 will save the highest recorded psi. I’d say pretty much as fast as you can get it plugged back in that’s long enough so it’s just a five second test really. Let us know results of that

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

7. Likes SyN liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Did the test and got 24800 psi

9. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Did you ever find the cause of your lope?

My 2015 has done the same thing since deleting with DRD.

10. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Nito6two View Post
    Did you ever find the cause of your lope?

My 2015 has done the same thing since deleting with DRD.
    @DRD?

Join as a Lifetime Platinum Member Today

"The grass is greener where you water it"

11. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

A lope right after startup that goes away has been a typical thing with the newer base files we use from Chrysler.

Have no idea what causes it but it causes no issues.

Lopes that continue off and on constantly after the truck has warmed up could be a mechanical or sensor issue.

Ray,
    Double R Diesel

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob, SyN liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast