Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  11
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 6.7 Cummins Intermediate Lope

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

6.7 Cummins Intermediate Lope

I got a 2016 ram 2500 used to lope at idle on start up for thirty seconds to a minute and then smooth out. Changed filters and clean maf and map sensors with no change. The intake air diverter valve went out so I deleted the truck still didn't change but now it is beginning to get more frequent and lasting longer. And now will sometimes do it while idling after driving. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Truck has 76000 miles. Has egr delete kit and replaced the intake horn with the banks monster ram 3.5in when I did the deletes

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mxskidoo View Post
    I got a 2016 ram 2500 used to lope at idle on start up for thirty seconds to a minute and then smooth out. Changed filters and clean maf and map sensors with no change. The intake air diverter valve went out so I deleted the truck still didn't change but now it is beginning to get more frequent and lasting longer. And now will sometimes do it while idling after driving. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Truck has 76000 miles. Has egr delete kit and replaced the intake horn with the banks monster ram 3.5in when I did the deletes
    I have a full delete 2016 with 75k right now. Mine lopes every so slightly almost like a slight miss but under any throttle you can hear there is no miss. Listen to the exhaust tone and turbo if you dont hear a pulse type sound in the exhaust note off idle then I'd say it's fine. I couldn't really tell before the exhaust other than a slight shake in the truck but now after delete I can hear it lope every so slightly. This is normal. Unless yours is more than the slight idle irregularity that I see in mine.

‘03 cummins. 4 door Laramie 6 speed (nv56) 4x4. Full custom 4” axle dump exhaust. Full custom intake. Edge juice with attitude. 100hp sticks. Raptor lift pump. Isl 8.9 FCA in 5.9 CP3. Devils own 2 stage water meth. Made 501hp and 1003lb-ft to the wheels. Custom lift. Helper bags and bilstien 5160 all around. 35x12.5x18.

’16 Cummins 4 door Laramie 4x4 68RFE. Full deletes and tune with mm3 by drd. 4” custom axle dump exhaust. 35x12.5x20 leveled.

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

The loping after driving is a very slight lope but the one on first startup of the day is a little more aggressive slight shake and small lunges if put in gear before it smooths out does not lope if any throttle is given.

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

@Mxskidoo who did your tuning?

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

MM3 with Anarchy Diesel, but did it when it was stock.

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mxskidoo View Post
    MM3 with Anarchy Diesel, but did it when it was stock.
    Gotcha. Have you checked fuel flow?

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

7. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Not yet

8. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I'd start with that and see what that yields

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

9. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    Gotcha. Have you checked fuel flow?
    This is where to start- check Rail Pressure to see what the variance is- there really shouldn’t be more than 1k psi variance when at idle. My truck will lope slightly usually when cool/cold or in reverse.

Rail pressure will be a good indicator if it is on the fuel side or something to do with air maybe

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

10. Thanks RamIt thanked for this post
    Likes RamIt liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TexNeck View Post
    This is where to start- check Rail Pressure to see what the variance is- there really shouldn’t be more than 1k psi variance when at idle. My truck will lope slightly usually when cool/cold or in reverse.

Rail pressure will be a good indicator if it is on the fuel side or something to do with air maybe
    this. Sorry I'm on mobile right now so my responses are short.

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast