Likes Likes:  5

Thread: Fuse tap circuits questions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Fuse tap circuits questions

Questions for all you Ram Guru's out there,

So I have a new 2019 2500 mega cab with all options except sunroof and winch. and I'm trying to figure out which Micro 2 fuses in the fuse block are switched and constant hot. I have the official Mopar service manual but it only gives you the positions, use and amperage nothing to do with if it is switched or constant. Also these new cars all seem to power most everything even when the ignition is off. I need a 10 amp switched and a 10 amp constant hot for a dash cam setup I'm installing. Any advise / pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks, Morgan

2. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Fuse tap circuits questions

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
    Questions for all you Ram Guru's out there,

So I have a new 2019 2500 mega cab with all options except sunroof and winch. and I'm trying to figure out which Micro 2 fuses in the fuse block are switched and constant hot. I have the official Mopar service manual but it only gives you the positions, use and amperage nothing to do with if it is switched or constant. Also these new cars all seem to power most everything even when the ignition is off. I need a 10 amp switched and a 10 amp constant hot for a dash cam setup I'm installing. Any advise / pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks, Morgan
    If you have the Aux Switches, I'd start there.

Otherwise, the radio is almost always switched. As for constant, I would go direct to the battery.

Most constant sources are going to be for the computers, and you don't want to be messing with those.

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    If you have the Aux Switches, I'd start there.

Otherwise, the radio is almost always switched. As for constant, I would go direct to the battery.

Most constant sources are going to be for the computers, and you don't want to be messing with those.
    Excellant Idea! I just finally read about the AUX switches and they are completely programmable, power source, power mode, last know state, etc..

Thanks!

5. Likes RamIt, walla2k5 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Excellant Idea! I just finally read about the AUX switches and they are completely programmable, power source, power mode, last know state, etc..

Thanks!
    You should have a bag of connectors too for the input block. But the block has constant 12v so that's why I suggested it.

But let me know how that works out. My truck should be arriving 8/1 and I got the aux switches so I'm interested to see how easy they are to setup and program as I plan to use them for auxiliary lighting and possibly on-board air.

7. Thanks Morgan thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Ramit, the AUX relays work great! There are a few things that are not documented that might help you. The bag contains the plugs that are not populated with wires and a whole ton of two different sized spade connectors with wire attached. The spade connectors with the green plugs (which match the color of the AUX connectors green plugs) are not the correct connectors. The black ones are the correct size. Not sure what the green ones are for yet. But they easily programmed using the EVIC interface, BTW the default password is 0000. That is also not documented.

So far I’m very happy with my new truck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Thanks RamIt thanked for this post
    Likes RamIt liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Ramit, the AUX relays work great! There are a few things that are not documented that might help you. The bag contains the plugs that are not populated with wires and a whole ton of two different sized spade connectors with wire attached. The spade connectors with the green plugs (which match the color of the AUX connectors green plugs) are not the correct connectors. The black ones are the correct size. Not sure what the green ones are for yet. But they easily programmed using the EVIC interface, BTW the default password is 0000. That is also not documented.

So far I’m very happy with my new truck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad to hear, and that is awesome information. I really appreciate that. And glad to hear that programming aspect is simple as well. I assume you just solder the spade connectors onto whatever you're connecting and plug up?

11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    Glad to hear, and that is awesome information. I really appreciate that. And glad to hear that programming aspect is simple as well. I assume you just solder the spade connectors onto whatever you're connecting and plug up?
    So the spade part gets pushed into the connector plug and the other end is just unstripped wire. So I used a marine butt connector and wired to the device I needed powered. The negative when directly to the battery.

The picture in your profile is my exact truck except mine is a mega cab BTW but a 2019 because the mirrors are different.

12. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

So the spade part gets pushed into the connector plug and the other end is just unstripped wire. So I used a marine butt connector and wired to the device I needed powered. The negative when directly to the battery.

The picture in your profile is my exact truck except mine is a mega cab BTW but a 2019 because the mirrors are different.
    Gotcha thats pretty straight forward. And nice thats awesome; my avatar is pretty much what I ordered and what will hopefully be here in a few days!