Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  11

Thread: Recalls are done

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Recalls are done

I had 2. Tailgate recall, the put in the rubber isolator. Not only now there is no worry of tailgate dropping while driving but it also made my truck much quieter when I used the fob and locked truck. Before it was loud and now atleast 50% less and not hearing a metallic sound.
    The draglink recall was due and since I was there, why not. I wasn't going to do it but
    I let them tac my nuts
    Total time was about 50 min at dealership.

2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

2. Thanks watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Recalls are done

Quote Originally Posted by DIESELWRKS View Post
    I had 2. Tailgate recall, the put in the rubber isolator. Not only now there is no worry of tailgate dropping while driving but it also made my truck much quieter when I used the fob and locked truck. Before it was loud and now atleast 50% less and not hearing a metallic sound.
    The draglink recall was due and since I was there, why not. I wasn't going to do it but
    I let them tac my nuts
    Total time was about 50 min at dealership.
    I noticed that too on my tailgate after they did the recall. It’s not as loud as before.

Now the drag link, I wasn’t about to let them tack those nuts! Worst idea Ram ever came up with for a fix! I loosened mine and applied a generous amount of lock tight and torqued back to specks then applied a little paint line on them to make sure they haven’t moved. So far, so good!

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

4. Thanks cumminsbadgirl, DIESELWRKS thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by watersupply189 View Post
    I noticed that too on my tailgate after they did the recall. It’s not as loud as before.

Now the drag link, I wasn’t about to let them tack those nuts! Worst idea Ram ever came up with for a fix! I loosened mine and applied a generous amount of lock tight and torqued back to specks then applied a little paint line on them to make sure they haven’t moved. So far, so good!

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....
    I did the same plus added stainless hose clamps just snug to the nuts.

But I did find out the dealership I bought from and did the recall are mod and tuner friendly.

The service writer came and met me in the pull up lane, shook my hand and said don't worry about removing my tuner, he said we are not touching the obd port. I laughed then he pointed to his 2016 in the parking lot.

I asked about any word on the replacement drag-link from ram. He smiled and said well even if they had a fix, they will need to have a bunch of them.

They had good coffee inside and washed the truck after.

This was Oregon Cottage Grove Ram.

2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

6. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DIESELWRKS View Post
    I did the same plus added stainless hose clamps just snug to the nuts.

But I did find out the dealership I bought from and did the recall are mod and tuner friendly.

The service writer came and met me in the pull up lane, shook my hand and said don't worry about removing my tuner, he said we are not touching the obd port. I laughed then he pointed to his 2016 in the parking lot.

I asked about any word on the replacement drag-link from ram. He smiled and said well even if they had a fix, they will need to have a bunch of them.

They had good coffee inside and washed the truck after.

This was Oregon Cottage Grove Ram.
    That’s awesome you found one delete friendly. I have one here where I live that’s also the same.

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

8. Likes DIESELWRKS liked this post