Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6

Thread: Water/Meth injection - thoughts/experiences

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Water/Meth injection - thoughts/experiences

Hey y’all,

i am kicking around the idea of getting a water meth kit for some added pep in the rig in signature. Anyone have experience with any kits? From the little research I’ve done banks is a popular kit. I think I want one that would run on boost number for more for fuel eco and added power (thinking 15-/+) psi boost to have it kicking on. I’ll be doing more reading but seems like it’s a beneficial thing for the most part all the way around.

I am not wanting to go down the road of more fuel/turbo at this point for power so think this could be a good option

thanks

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

2. Likes Cumminstrokethis, watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Water/Meth injection - thoughts/experiences

Quote Originally Posted by TexNeck View Post
    Hey y’all,

i am kicking around the idea of getting a water meth kit for some added pep in the rig in signature. Anyone have experience with any kits? From the little research I’ve done banks is a popular kit. I think I want one that would run on boost number for more for fuel eco and added power (thinking 15-/+) psi boost to have it kicking on. I’ll be doing more reading but seems like it’s a beneficial thing for the most part all the way around.

I am not wanting to go down the road of more fuel/turbo at this point for power so think this could be a good option

thanks
    Tried it. Waste of time

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Tried it. Waste of time
    You’re holding out! what kit did you have? I am guessing you had it for towing purposes? Where was nozzle located? Waste of time due to no seat of pants change or lack of dyno results?

2013 Ram 2500

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TexNeck View Post
    You’re holding out! what kit did you have? I am guessing you had it for towing purposes? Where was nozzle located? Waste of time due to no seat of pants change or lack of dyno results?
    Tried it on my 08. General purpose trips, Towing, and a few runs to Island Dragway. I never did a dyno on any of my diesels. (3) I didn't get any changes towing. Comparing Two tow's on the same route, No delays either time, the only diff I got in Economy, was about .2 increased. Nothing in power. As I recall. My EGTS were higher.

From what I learned at Island, Meth is really not any good other than racing.

I forgot who's system I used. I recall it was processor controlled, getting parameters from engine sensors. It was a state of the art system at the time. I was lucky, I was able to sell the system for 75% of the cost. Polaraco was a big name back then.

The return doesn't warrant the cost. You'd be better getting a custom tune and a 12 pack. You'll have nothing to do. LOL

That better?

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Tried it on my 08. General purpose trips, Towing, and a few runs to Island Dragway. I never did a dyno on any of my diesels. (3) I didn't get any changes towing. Comparing Two tow's on the same route, No delays either time, the only diff I got in Economy, was about .2 increased. Nothing in power. As I recall. My EGTS were higher.

From what I learned at Island, Meth is really not any good other than racing.

I forgot who's system I used. I recall it was processor controlled, getting parameters from engine sensors. It was a state of the art system at the time. I was lucky, I was able to sell the system for 75% of the cost. Polaraco was a big name back then.

The return doesn't warrant the cost. You'd be better getting a custom tune and a 12 pack. You'll have nothing to do. LOL

That better?
    Mo better - thank you! I’ve got DRD tuning currently so I am set there. Just looking for a bit more...as usual. Tunes have held me off for over a year now so I am way over due for some more get up! Thinking about it running all out tune from DRD and adding power to 120 tune are likely going to be similar

2013 Ram 2500

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post