Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  25
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Install tuner WITHOUT applying tune...

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: Install tuner WITHOUT applying tune...

My experience - I installed the MM3 prior to any modification. Drove it that way for a couple weeks, no tune loaded on the truck. I wanted to see what the truck was doing before I went any farther.

I had to agree each time the unit powered on. I was able to monitor the outputs and sensors through each PID that I tried (Nope, I didn't come close to all of them). I left the unlock cable installed, and did occasional remove the MM3 display as I had it on the windshield mount. When removing the display, I would unplug the OBD-II as well, and tuck it under the dash. No issues when I would put in back on. As others have said, watch the plug carefully when installing / re-installing.

The only menu items available were ECM and DTC.

After flashing the ECM, the other items showed under the ECM menu. Including the TPMS. I have not had to agree since then. A side note I have seen asked in other posts, I did have a light on - front O2 sensor, when I loaded the tune. No lights or codes present after, it cleared everything related to the systems it touches. I can't speak for any codes that would be present for other things, but suspect that a code for something that is still active would be thrown after tuning as well.

What you get for choices is dependent on the year of your truck. As an example, my '12 does not have the ability to select and leave on the exhaust brake when restarting the truck. I understand that the 2013 and newer do have this ability (If I am off on the year, someone please correct me). So same MM3, but different options depending on the model year and how the hardware on the truck is integrated.

Hopefully this helps.

2. Thanks Brandonl87 thanked for this post
    Likes Brandonl87, Mjölnir liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Re: Install tuner WITHOUT applying tune...

Thank you all!

I finally wrote the ECM and installed the exhaust. Everything went flawless.

WOW is all I can say! It actually feels like a Dodge again! My MPG is climbing back up, the TPMS is now adjusted for normal tire pressures, the throttle is super responsive, and over all it feels a lot happier.

Thank you Ray for your hard work and taking time day in and day out to help us out!

Since the DRD delete, this truck is 100 times better! Outstanding fuel mileage and plenty of power. Thank you Ray!!!

2006 Ram 2500 4x4 5.9 --Traded--
    2007 Ram 3500 4x4 5.9 G56 --Sold--

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123