Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  12
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Tried to calibrate actuator, running weird now

1. Top Of Page | #31

User Info Menu

Re: Tried to calibrate actuator, running weird now

And i believe the calibration is saved i the same place the check engine codes are. That way you dont lose the calibration just by changing batteries.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

2. Thanks ThatsaCummins4ya thanked for this post
    Likes ThatsaCummins4ya liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #32

User Info Menu

Y’all are way more advanced than me LOL.

I got a friend who’s uncle has a shop and one of those super high dollar snap on scanners. He said he can do it, so I’m gonna try that and if it doesn’t work then I’ll take it to a dealer.

I’ve heard if the self calibration fails 3 times then you gotta get a new turbo so pretty sure I’ll just do a 2nd gen swap at that point and forget the exhaust brake.

Do you need to upgrade the 68RFE at all when doing a 2nd gen swap, say if I went with the S467?

And will I still be able to use my Mini Maxx or will I need a newer tuner too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2012 Ram 3500. Full delete. H&S mini maxx. NextGen valvebody. Fuel Maverick wheels, Toyo MT tires. 35/12.5/20. Amp power steps.

4. Top Of Page | #33

User Info Menu

So figured I’d give an update on here. Everything is fixed now! Took it to a shop and they said they found coolant in the non coolant side of actuator (my buddy must of done that by accident) so it wouldn’t calibrate. They had a spare actuator in the shop, it calibrated first try. Truck is driving great now and exhaust brake working like it should! $600 and I’m back on the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2012 Ram 3500. Full delete. H&S mini maxx. NextGen valvebody. Fuel Maverick wheels, Toyo MT tires. 35/12.5/20. Amp power steps.

5. Likes 4kids2dogs&RV, Power247 liked this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234