Okay so I recently bought a 2012 ram 3500 from a buddy, has H&S Mini Maxx with full delete.

He told me the actuator on the turbo needs to be calibrated because he had taken it off to cleaned and put back on.

The exhaust brake was only working at what felt like 60-70%.

I took my truck to another buddy who had an Autell scanner. Returned truck to stock oem tune using H&S.

We took the actuator off, let coolant drain, cleaned both components, while doing this the little black gear on the computer side was moved around, don’t think your supposed to do that, but it happened.

He had an alignment tool that he got when he worked at a dealership that aligns the other moving teeth on the turbo part, aligned that. Then plugged the actuator in without installing. Turns out we couldn’t find the self calibrate on his scanner and he did something on there that said VGT (autozeroed) this point I became worried it wasn’t going to work.

Bolted everything back on, refilled coolant from radiator til air bubbles stopped.

Reinstalled tune.

Took it for a drive. Not good, it’s hard to get it to build boost unless I really get on it and doesn’t seem like it’s building properly. Only getting as high as 14-16psi. When before it would be between 20-30 on a pretty good acceleration. I get on highway and once it gets in 6th gear. It will not downshift no matter how much I push the pedal, it will only downshift if I hit the button or start slowing down then it seems to downshift normally like when I’m coming to a stop.

Have we really screwed something else up?

Do you think if I get the right snap on scanner. It would fix all this?