Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  7

Thread: Need help soon with 2017 RAM 3500 clutch repair in Denver CO or Boise ID

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Need help soon with 2017 RAM 3500 clutch repair in Denver CO or Boise ID

My 2017 RAM 3500 Diesel (G56 Standard Transmission) stock clutch is slipping on hill climbs towing 14,000. No tuner, stock motor. Need recommendations for upgraded clutch and reputable shops that can do the work in the Denver Colorado or Boise Idaho area. Currently on the road on a cross country summer trip with my young son and need to make sure we do not have a truck breakdown surprise. Ideas / suggestions on how to solve / minimize the clutch problem are appreciated.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Need help soon with 2017 RAM 3500 clutch repair in Denver CO or Boise ID

Quote Originally Posted by TStates View Post
    My 2017 RAM 3500 Diesel (G56 Standard Transmission) stock clutch is slipping on hill climbs towing 14,000. No tuner, stock motor. Need recommendations for upgraded clutch and reputable shops that can do the work in the Denver Colorado or Boise Idaho area. Currently on the road on a cross country summer trip with my young son and need to make sure we do not have a truck breakdown surprise. Ideas / suggestions on how to solve / minimize the clutch problem are appreciated.
    Are you pulling anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Yes, currently pulling 5th. Wheel camper. About 14k. We are camping west for the month of July. Currently in Kentucky. Going up I 26 to Asheville, clutch started slipping. I was in 6th gear, most definitely pushing it to hard for the stock clutch.I backed off and dropped down to 5th on other hill climbs. It didn’t slip any more. My concern is out west. Will the clutch hold up pulling the Rockies?

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Don't take this the wrong way, but stop pulling in 6th gear. 6th is double overdrive and not for pulling grades especially not with 14k behind you.

It's immaterial what your truck has done in the past without issue, you're overloading the stock pressure plate by trying to climb grades in an overdrive gear.

Keep it out of the high range and you won't have an issue.

Keep pulling in 6th through the Rockies and you'll be sitting on the side of the road somewhere.

5. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    Don't take this the wrong way, but stop pulling in 6th gear. 6th is double overdrive and not for pulling grades especially not with 14k behind you.

It's immaterial what your truck has done in the past without issue, you're overloading the stock pressure plate by trying to climb grades in an overdrive gear.

Keep it out of the high range and you won't have an issue.

Keep pulling in 6th through the Rockies and you'll be sitting on the side of the road somewhere.
    I agree with @RamIt I have seen alot of guys never touch 6th gear while pulling through the mountains with such steep grades. Even in automatics they tell me that they manually shift and keep the RPMS high while still in 5th or even sometimes 4th.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

7. Thanks RamIt thanked for this post
    Likes RamIt, walla2k5 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Much thanks.

I’m now in Kansas.

Truck is pulling great.

Have been using 5th.

For hill climbs, and keeping my foot out of it.

Will be heading for Denver tomorrow.

Once back home I plan on a clutch upgrade.

Living and learning, and having fun.

9. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TStates View Post
    Much thanks.

I’m now in Kansas.

Truck is pulling great.

Have been using 5th.

For hill climbs, and keeping my foot out of it.

Will be heading for Denver tomorrow.

Once back home I plan on a clutch upgrade.

Living and learning, and having fun.
    Take her easy and enjoy your trip and keep us updated