Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: Commercial Vehicle Modifications

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Commercial Vehicle Modifications

Want to delete the DPF and EGR valve but need to leave the components in tact for DOT inspections. Envy all you private guys who can just remove the stuff completely.

Want to put some typle of plug (like a frost plug) in the exhasut manaifold blanking off the DPF completely. That would solve my maintenance issues assicated with that system.

Do I need to gut the CAT or can it take the particulate absent the DPF?

Also assume I can get a custom tune from someone like DRD to shut off the EGR and DEF injector signals.

Any ill affects to the turbo doing this? I would like to think it would improve turbo life and performance but don't have a scientific reason for that assumption. They already don't last much over 150k and I don't need to make that worse at $4k a pop if we don't catch it in time. Have not had a catastrophic failure yet but just had another one start making noise today so we will get that out immediately and see if it is a rebuild candidate or if it will require replacement.

We GCVW at 40,000# - operating around 36k most of the time. Lots of mountains in the west so we are in the turbo long and hard often. We have a great maintenance program and really don't have any complaints with the Ram trucks or 6.7 CTDs except DPF and turbo maintenance. Still cheaper than FPS to maintain but looking to improve on these areas and improve reliability and longevity. We need to get 350-400k of reliable service out of a vehicle due to the replacement costs.

Experiences and suggestions welcomed. thanks in advance

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Commercial Vehicle Modifications

You can't block off the DPF. I assume you mean the EGR? That you can do with block off plates or you can just disable it thru tuning.

But the DPF and SCR are inline in the exhaust and circumventing or removing them will be obvious.

DRD does have emissions compliant tuning though which may be a good fit for you.

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: Commercial Vehicle Modifications

I will follow up with them. Thank you

6. Likes watersupply189, RamIt liked this post