Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  6

Thread: Fuel filters

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Fuel filters

This may be a stupid question but on the rear one I can’t remember which way I turned it to drain it b/c i fought like hell to get it to spin off, I ran the drain knob back it primed it and it drained everywhere. I turned it all the way out till it had alil tension on it and it quit draining and I primed the system and cranked it, it that the right way it needs to go or do I need to order a new sensor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Fuel filters

Quote Originally Posted by Cweaver View Post
    This may be a stupid question but on the rear one I can’t remember which way I turned it to drain it b/c i fought like hell to get it to spin off, I ran the drain knob back it primed it and it drained everywhere. I turned it all the way out till it had alil tension on it and it quit draining and I primed the system and cranked it, it that the right way it needs to go or do I need to order a new sensor?

Left to drain and right to tight. If it’s not leaking and no warning lights then I would think your sensor is okay.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

4. Thanks BlackBart thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by watersupply189 View Post
    Left to drain and right to tight. If it’s not leaking and no warning lights then I would think your sensor is okay.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....
    Yea but facing which way, I had to turn it all the way out to get it to stop leaking if I turn it all the way in it drains it

6. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cweaver View Post
    Yea but facing which way, I had to turn it all the way out to get it to stop leaking if I turn it all the way in it drains it

Looking at it from the bottom of the drain plug turn it left counter clock wise to drain.

At least it’s that way on my truck.

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

8. Thanks BlackBart thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, SyN, cumminsdieselfreak liked this post