Thanks Thanks:  15
Likes Likes:  53
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: running boards, step boards, seeking info

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

running boards, step boards, seeking info

Seeking info with likes and dislikes on running boards ,step boards etc. I’m trying to stayaway from the smaller step surface bar hoop style such as N-Fab due
    To little kids and their feet. Sostyles like the OEM that are square with a complete flat top step surface.
    My concerns are mounting spots prefer something that issolid and not just on the pinch weld like some are. I do not know exactly how the OEM ones mount.
    I do not like some of the OEM style that have a huge gap underthe truck edge. Don’t want anythingwith plastic end caps , those seem to fail.

I would love to get the rock slider style such as (whiteknuckle offroad) makes but have the top area welded/plated but those are way topricey for me.
    Could look local on a fab shop and get it cheaper. There are a few brands out there that are moreof a running board look but those are described as stamped carbon steel.
    So what do you all have and like.

2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

2. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: running boards, step boards, seeking info

Quote Originally Posted by DIESELWRKS View Post
    Seeking info with likes and dislikes on running boards ,step boards etc. I’m trying to stayaway from the smaller step surface bar hoop style such as N-Fab due
    To little kids and their feet. Sostyles like the OEM that are square with a complete flat top step surface.
    My concerns are mounting spots prefer something that issolid and not just on the pinch weld like some are. I do not know exactly how the OEM ones mount.
    I do not like some of the OEM style that have a huge gap underthe truck edge. Don’t want anythingwith plastic end caps , those seem to fail.

I would love to get the rock slider style such as (whiteknuckle offroad) makes but have the top area welded/plated but those are way topricey for me.
    Could look local on a fab shop and get it cheaper. There are a few brands out there that are moreof a running board look but those are described as stamped carbon steel.
    So what do you all have and like.

I am a HUGE fan of my AMP powersteps- really clean look since they tuck up under the truck. The boards are solid, swing low to the ground for easy in and out for significant other or kids and light up for safety in dark.

They are expensive but worth the money if you will be keeping the truck IMO- I bought mine at 4wheel parts since they were running a special with free install (I went hardwired). They have a OBDII plug and play for easy DIY install. I replaced the the lights that came with them with led strips so they come on with my puddle lights. I’ll try and get some pics

clayton with Dudes diesel can hook you up with em if you want to go DIY route

Attached Images Attached Images
    2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

thanks I like the power steps too, I'm a frugal person. so yeah if I decide on power steps I would just take a extra month to save up on my fun money. a few friends of mine have them and they are nice. one friend has a older model or generation of steps and his had major problems with the motor and sensor kept dying. whatever he had done or he repaired he hasn't had issues.

Justin

5. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

thanks I like the power steps too, I'm a frugal person. so yeah if I decide on power steps I would just take a extra month to save up on my fun money. a few friends of mine have them and they are nice. one friend has a older model or generation of steps and his had major problems with the motor and sensor kept dying. whatever he had done or he repaired he hasn't had issues.
    Understood- I was very worried about this as well- knock on wood I haven’t had any issues. I opted for the 5year warranty for an extra $100 for peace of mind. I think all in I was about $1400 parts labor and 5 year warranty- basically a $1 a day if you keep the truck for 5 years - you don’t realize how often you open/close your door until the first couple weeks you have these....then you forget again once you’re used to them

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

7. Likes RamIt, watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I'm gonna x2 the AMPs. Had them on my 4th gen, and I'll have them on my 5th gen. The surface is well sized for feet of all sizes and has more than enough grip even when wet. Plus you don't have to lose ground clearance since they tuck up and the included puddle lamps with them is a great bonus.

I got mine for around $1000 installed here in Phoenix.

9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Thanks you guys are going to kill my wallet with all this talk. Anyone have the oem boards that are shaped like a 2x4 with chrome. Think some limited and long horn have em. If so how are they mounted

Justin

10. Likes cumminsbadgirl, watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Thanks you guys are going to kill my wallet with all this talk. Anyone have the oem boards that are shaped like a 2x4 with chrome. Think some limited and long horn have em. If so how are they mounted
    Ask any of my friends, I will 100% spend your money for you. I'm the king of awesome (bad) decisions LOLoLOLol

But really, AMPs are the only way to go IMO. They have a fantastic warranty and are an extremely over built product. I have no idea how the factory boards are mounted to the truck, never had any to look at.

12. Likes cumminsbadgirl, watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I just put these NFabs on for pretty cheap. Not a running board fan but my wife says otherwise.

Attached Images Attached Images
    2013 3500 SRW, Mm3, DRD Tunes, Kevlar Paint

14. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    Ask any of my friends, I will 100% spend your money for you. I'm the king of awesome (bad) decisions LOLoLOLol

But really, AMPs are the only way to go IMO. They have a fantastic warranty and are an extremely over built product. I have no idea how the factory boards are mounted to the truck, never had any to look at.
    I think I will stop by the dealership lot after work today and look at oem running boards on trucks, I will wait until they close so I don't get bothered by salesman and get dry humped by them.

Justin

15. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

I think I will stop by the dealership lot after work today and look at oem running boards on trucks, I will wait until they close so I don't get bothered by salesman and get dry humped by them.
    The dry humping is the best part though.

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

16. Likes cumminsbadgirl, watersupply189 liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast