Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  119
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Drd mm3 16 cummins

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Drd mm3 16 cummins

Just did all deletes. Egr/cooler and full exhaust. Have mm3 by drd. Truck runs perfect idles fine everything seems good. The truck used to respond very well on the low end the take off was awesome. After deletes and mm3 even on 60hp tune the truck seems to lag quite a bit. The turbo was much more responsive pre delete. Now it seems laggy. I was expecting more. Is it just me or should I look further. The truck in stock form would accelerate very well and would hit highway speed on the ramp before getting on the highway now it takes a bit longer to reach the same speeds. Any thoughts and input appreciated. I really don’t want to blow up drd with emails like this as I’m sure they don’t want to hear that when they tuned the truck for more it seems as tho it has less. Maybe it’s just me. I want to here your thoughts before going to them. Thank you.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Drd mm3 16 cummins

Quote Originally Posted by Ar2bamf View Post
    Just did all deletes. Egr/cooler and full exhaust. Have mm3 by drd. Truck runs perfect idles fine everything seems good. The truck used to respond very well on the low end the take off was awesome. After deletes and mm3 even on 60hp tune the truck seems to lag quite a bit. The turbo was much more responsive pre delete. Now it seems laggy. I was expecting more. Is it just me or should I look further. The truck I’m stock form would accelerate very well and would hit highway speed on the ramp before getting in the highway now it takes a bit longer to reach the same speeds. Any thoughts and input appreciated. I really don’t want to blow up drd with emails like this as I’m sure they don’t want to here that when they tuned the truck for more it seems as tho it has less. Maybe it’s just me. I want to here your thoughts before going to them. Thank you.
    Something doesn’t sound right, do you have excessive smoke?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

3. Thanks Ar2bamf thanked for this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Just did all deletes. Egr/cooler and full exhaust. Have mm3 by drd. Truck runs perfect idles fine everything seems good. The truck used to respond very well on the low end the take off was awesome. After deletes and mm3 even on 60hp tune the truck seems to lag quite a bit. The turbo was much more responsive pre delete. Now it seems laggy. I was expecting more. Is it just me or should I look further. The truck in stock form would accelerate very well and would hit highway speed on the ramp before getting on the highway now it takes a bit longer to reach the same speeds. Any thoughts and input appreciated. I really don’t want to blow up drd with emails like this as I’m sure they don’t want to hear that when they tuned the truck for more it seems as tho it has less. Maybe it’s just me. I want to here your thoughts before going to them. Thank you.
    It sounds to me like your tunes didn’t load correctly or something else went wrong I suggest that you try to reinstall your tunes again no way in hell you did all that and you say your stock truck was better performing

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Tunes loaded just fine. No smoke at all no black puffs nothing’s runs clean. I can feel the torque converter locking up much sooner and trans shifts firmer for sure. Also the torque management is gone so the initial throttle response is better but I can guarantee if I put both trucks next to each stock and now deleted and tunes the stock one would have its way for sure. Also I will get a surge of boost pressure will see 35-38psi surge some times that’s new and my cruising boost is at 22-25 before it was around 10-12 at 85 on the highway that’s also another thing I noticed. It will peak under load about 31 but for some reason I keep getting these weird spikes and higher pressure under light load (cruising speed).

6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Tunes loaded just fine. No smoke at all no black puffs nothing’s runs clean. I can feel the torque converter locking up much sooner and trans shifts firmer for sure. Also the torque management is gone so the initial throttle response is better but I can guarantee if I put both trucks next to each stock and now deleted and tunes the stock one would have its way for sure. Also I will get a surge of boost pressure will see 35-38psi surge some times that’s new and my cruising boost is at 22-25 before it was around 10-12 at 85 on the highway that’s also another thing I noticed. It will peak under load about 31 but for some reason I keep getting these weird spikes and higher pressure under light load (cruising speed).
    How many miles are on the truck?

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

7. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

8. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Did you check for codes?

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

9. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

No codes. Also turbo is fine whistle tune sounds awesome and goes back and forth off and on idle so vanes are definitely not stuck.

10. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

No codes. Also turbo is fine whistle tune sounds awesome and goes back and forth off and on idle so vanes are definitely not stuck.
    Lift pump?

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

11. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Fires right up and am seeing 27k rail pressure consistent with WOT. Like I said maybe it’s just me but my wife took it the other day and she even noticed it was laggy and not as fast to get up to speed. Struggles a little.

‘03 cummins. 4 door Laramie 6 speed (nv56) 4x4. Full custom 4” axle dump exhaust. Full custom intake. Edge juice with attitude. 100hp sticks. Raptor lift pump. Isl 8.9 FCA in 5.9 CP3. Devils own 2 stage water meth. Made 501hp and 1003lb-ft to the wheels. Custom lift. Helper bags and bilstien 5160 all around. 35x12.5x18.

’16 Cummins 4 door Laramie 4x4 68RFE. Full deletes and tune with mm3 by drd. 4” custom axle dump exhaust. 35x12.5x20 leveled.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast