Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  119
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Drd mm3 16 cummins

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Drd mm3 16 cummins

Quote Originally Posted by Ar2bamf View Post
    Fires right up and am seeing 27k rail pressure consistent with WOT. Like I said maybe it’s just me but my wife took it the other day and she even noticed it was laggy and not as fast to get up to speed. Struggles a little.
    Did you contact DRD?

"The grass is greener where you water it"

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTACUMMINS View Post
    Did you contact DRD?
    No sir wanted to see if other people had the same experience or could offer some insight before contacting them.

I know they do great work and are highly recommended I don’t want to come at them with this until I know it’s really an issue.

‘03 cummins. 4 door Laramie 6 speed (nv56) 4x4. Full custom 4” axle dump exhaust. Full custom intake. Edge juice with attitude. 100hp sticks. Raptor lift pump. Isl 8.9 FCA in 5.9 CP3. Devils own 2 stage water meth. Made 501hp and 1003lb-ft to the wheels. Custom lift. Helper bags and bilstien 5160 all around. 35x12.5x18.

’16 Cummins 4 door Laramie 4x4 68RFE. Full deletes and tune with mm3 by drd. 4” custom axle dump exhaust. 35x12.5x20 leveled.

3. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

No sir wanted to see if other people had the same experience or could offer some insight before contacting them.

I know they do great work and are highly recommended I don’t want to come at them with this until I know it’s really an issue.
    They can get you to do a data log and see what the issue is.

"The grass is greener where you water it"

4. Thanks cumminsbadgirl, Ar2bamf thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Also did you unplug the butterfly valve on intake horn. My brother did not when his was deleted and the boost would seemingly randomly spike as the valve floated around

2016 ram 2500 hd slt mega-cab cummins g-56 (metallic gray pearlcoat or something of the sort) deleted and custom tuned by Ray (the king) @ doublerdiesel on mm3 platform with 5" turbo back exhaust by flo-pro & DD valair organic clutch
    looking for 30,000 gpm injectors @ a fair price btw LOL

6. Thanks Ar2bamf thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

I had a poor experience with a 60hp tune on my truck. Rail pressure would spike really high and the truck performed poorly. I switched to a 120hp tune and never had an issue again. Maybe try loading a higher HP tune and see if the problem persists. That would tell you right away if it's tune related.

8. Thanks Ar2bamf thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

It is unplugged and I found the issue causing my boost to spike. I was told I can run the truck on any power level in conjunction with the whistle sound tune. Doing this the vanes are closed at idle to about 1500rpm. On the highway at 80-90mph my rpm is in that range causing my vanes to be closed thus causing the excessive boost pressure. Tuned the whistle tune off and was cruising same speed at 9-10psi. Much better.

‘03 cummins. 4 door Laramie 6 speed (nv56) 4x4. Full custom 4” axle dump exhaust. Full custom intake. Edge juice with attitude. 100hp sticks. Raptor lift pump. Isl 8.9 FCA in 5.9 CP3. Devils own 2 stage water meth. Made 501hp and 1003lb-ft to the wheels. Custom lift. Helper bags and bilstien 5160 all around. 35x12.5x18.

’16 Cummins 4 door Laramie 4x4 68RFE. Full deletes and tune with mm3 by drd. 4” custom axle dump exhaust. 35x12.5x20 leveled.

10. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    I had a poor experience with a 60hp tune on my truck. Rail pressure would spike really high and the truck performed poorly. I switched to a 120hp tune and never had an issue again. Maybe try loading a higher HP tune and see if the problem persists. That would tell you right away if it's tune related.
    Not sure if I want to run the 120HP tune or anything over 60HP to be honest.

Not too confident in the 68. Also dont' have studs in yet.

12. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

I've been using DRD's 120hp tune as my default tune without head studs for over 3 years now without a problem.
    Just be easy on the go pedal and you'll be fine.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

2011 2500 Laramie CCSB 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, 68RFE

13. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 4kids2dogs&RV View Post
    I've been using DRD's 120hp tune as my default tune without head studs for over 3 years now without a problem.
    Just be easy on the go pedal and you'll be fine.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    x2. Common sense goes a very long way in reference to longevity on higher HP tuning.

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  15. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Just did all deletes. Egr/cooler and full exhaust. Have mm3 by drd. Truck runs perfect idles fine everything seems good. The truck used to respond very well on the low end the take off was awesome. After deletes and mm3 even on 60hp tune the truck seems to lag quite a bit. The turbo was much more responsive pre delete. Now it seems laggy. I was expecting more. Is it just me or should I look further. The truck in stock form would accelerate very well and would hit highway speed on the ramp before getting on the highway now it takes a bit longer to reach the same speeds. Any thoughts and input appreciated. I really don’t want to blow up drd with emails like this as I’m sure they don’t want to hear that when they tuned the truck for more it seems as tho it has less. Maybe it’s just me. I want to here your thoughts before going to them. Thank you.
    Have you touched base with Ray on this yet? I’m interested to hear the outcome. I too just deleted with a 5” turbo back and warp tuning. While I wouldn’t say I have less power, I don’t feel like it’s the huge difference that everyone else seems to describe.

2017 Bright White Ram 2500 Limited - Thuren Overland front and rear springs and shocks, Thuren track bar, 35x12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on 20x9 0 offset Raceline wheels, 5” Stainless Jamo turbo back with muffler, EGR delete, MM3 with DRD warp tuning

16. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast