Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  16
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Liqui Moly Oil

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Liqui Moly Oil

I read about liqui moly oil and was wondering if anyone here has any experience with it?

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Liqui Moly Oil

Not in my truck, I prefer Rotella T6.

But in my BMW, it good to go.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Liqui Moly Oil

Quote Originally Posted by Radarlover View Post
    I read about liqui moly oil and was wondering if anyone here has any experience with it?
    You're better off with the Archoil Friction modifier.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Liqui Moly Oil

I'll stick with Rotella T6. I don't buy into the speciality/niche oils personally only because I remember 10ish years ago everyone thought Royal Purple was the bees knees and then it turns out its some of the shittiest oil you can put in your engine.

5. Top Of Page | #5
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Liqui Moly Oil

Won't argue with that, but when certain vehicles require specific ratings, if the oils meet it you must consider them. The T6 meets my requirements and its easy to find with a respectable cost.

All was asked is if someone used it and their experience with it.
    As stated, I have in other than a Ram truck. It met the requirements and for several changes, preformed good.

Now, as for their truck ... will it meet the requirements .. easy of obtaining ?
    They have to determine that.

You can't improve if you don't look to better yourself.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

6. Thanks RamIt thanked for this post
    Likes RamIt liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Liqui Moly Oil

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    Won't argue with that, but when certain vehicles require specific ratings, if the oils meet it you must consider them. The T6 meets my requirements and its easy to find with a respectable cost.

All was asked is if someone used it and their experience with it.
    As stated, I have in other than a Ram truck. It met the requirements and for several changes, preformed good.

Now, as for their truck ... will it meet the requirements .. easy of obtaining ?
    They have to determine that.

You can't improve if you don't look to better yourself.
    That's fair. But the oil specs come from the manufacturer. In most cases, people's decision to change oil brand is purely personal. Outside of extreme duty cases, which should be outlined in the owner's manual, there is little reason to vary from what is recommended. Additionally, running oil that does not meet spec is grounds for a warranty termination.

This liqui-moly might be great stuff, Ive personally never heard of it and likely would not consider it in my own engine without seeing a wear test on it first.

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

8. Thanks AnOldBiker thanked for this post
    Likes AnOldBiker liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Liqui Moly Oil

So not going to get in a oil war on the forum.. I did that a Few times in the Marines.
    So if the OP hasn’t looked, Go to Liquid Moly website and see if you can even find under oilapplication Ram/dodge trucks with a cummins.
    For whatever reason they only show gas engines and show onlyup to 2009 years.
    After looking at the synthetic diesel oil 5w/40 and couldnot see anywhere that this oil is compatible with any diesel EGR/DPF emission system.
    I have used this brand of oil and Eneos oil when I havechanged past girlfriend(s) car oil, Volkswagen, BMW due to the Euro/oil specsblah blah.

2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

10. Likes RamIt liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Liqui Moly Oil

I myself: Have never witnessed or read about - A lot of love from (diesel truck) owners for this brand of oil.

Good Luck on your Quest.

Time has proven - oil choice has boiled down to That Warm Fuzzy Feeling with most owners.

Look into: Rotella - Valvoline - Mobil 1

2017 Bighorn (Delmonico Red & Chrome) CC-HD2500-4WD-6.7L-3:42w/Anti-Spin
    Oil: -SHELL- Rotella T6 5W-40 & T5 15W-40 combo w/LF16035
    68RFE/BW44-46/Power Steering: -Red Line- C+ ATF
    Frontend & Rearend: -Red Line- SAE GL-5 75W-90NS
    Many Small Mods: Interior & Exterior
    Mileage: 28,541

12. Top Of Page | #9
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Liqui Moly Oil

The oil I bought is not synthetic. They have 2 conventional oils in 15-40 and a couple synthetic diesel oils in 5-40. It's gotten great reviews but I'll probably move on to another oil next time just because it's kind of unknown. I've considered amsoil and royal purple but one response said it's shitty oil, that's news to me I've always heard great things about royal purple. Pretty crazy trying to get the best quality oil for my truck.

13. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Liqui Moly Oil

I'll have to dig through the internet, but an independent testing lab did a four roller ball wear test of like 30 different oils; Valvoline VR1 Race Oil came in #1, and Royal Purple came almost dead last.

I forget the exact specifics on why, but I believe it has something to do with an extremely low zinc level.

14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast