Likes Likes:  16

Thread: Liqui Moly Oil

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Liqui Moly Oil

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    Won't argue with that, but when certain vehicles require specific ratings, if the oils meet it you must consider them. The T6 meets my requirements and its easy to find with a respectable cost.

All was asked is if someone used it and their experience with it.
    As stated, I have in other than a Ram truck. It met the requirements and for several changes, preformed good.

Now, as for their truck ... will it meet the requirements .. easy of obtaining ?
    They have to determine that.

You can't improve if you don't look to better yourself.
    That's fair. But the oil specs come from the manufacturer. In most cases, people's decision to change oil brand is purely personal. Outside of extreme duty cases, which should be outlined in the owner's manual, there is little reason to vary from what is recommended. Additionally, running oil that does not meet spec is grounds for a warranty termination.

This liqui-moly might be great stuff, Ive personally never heard of it and likely would not consider it in my own engine without seeing a wear test on it first.

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

2. Thanks AnOldBiker thanked for this post
    Likes AnOldBiker liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Liqui Moly Oil

So not going to get in a oil war on the forum.. I did that a Few times in the Marines.
    So if the OP hasn’t looked, Go to Liquid Moly website and see if you can even find under oilapplication Ram/dodge trucks with a cummins.
    For whatever reason they only show gas engines and show onlyup to 2009 years.
    After looking at the synthetic diesel oil 5w/40 and couldnot see anywhere that this oil is compatible with any diesel EGR/DPF emission system.
    I have used this brand of oil and Eneos oil when I havechanged past girlfriend(s) car oil, Volkswagen, BMW due to the Euro/oil specsblah blah.

2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

4. Likes RamIt liked this post