Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  16
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Liqui Moly Oil

1. Top Of Page | #11
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Liqui Moly Oil

After a bunch of additional research I really measured it down to 2. Valvoline premium blue extreme 5-40 synthetic and Rotella T6 synthetic 5-40. Since I've had previous great experiences with Valvoline and the fact that it's endorsed by Cummins made my mind up. Thanks all for your responses, I really appreciate all the input!

2. Likes RamIt liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Liqui Moly Oil

Quote Originally Posted by Radarlover View Post
    After a bunch of additional research I really measured it down to 2. Valvoline premium blue extreme 5-40 synthetic and Rotella T6 synthetic 5-40. Since I've had previous great experiences with Valvoline and the fact that it's endorsed by Cummins made my mind up. Thanks all for your responses, I really appreciate all the input!
    Ah yeah I completely forgot about the Valvoline Blue. That's great stuff as well!

4. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Liqui Moly Oil

I run T-6 in my engine as well.

But if you are willing to pay extra for "the best" I would advise you to try the Schaeffers 9000 5w40.

5. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Liqui Moly Oil

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    You're better off with the Archoil Friction modifier.
    Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    I'll stick with Rotella T6. I don't buy into the speciality/niche oils personally only because I remember 10ish years ago everyone thought Royal Purple was the bees knees and then it turns out its some of the shittiest oil you can put in your engine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aj Grubb View Post
    I run T-6 in my engine as well.

But if you are willing to pay extra for "the best" I would advise you to try the Schaeffers 9000 5w40.
    Me too

After 2 years, and about 10K, I can still see through my dipstick. My T6 is still gold in color.

I attribute all that to a simple dual filter setup and the Archoil friction modifier.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

6. Top Of Page | #15
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Liqui Moly Oil

So I read a tiny bit on archoil friction modifier and I see that it is marketed to the ford powerstroke. So it's good for Cummins too I'm assuming. It's mainly for the turbo right?

7. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Liqui Moly Oil

Quote Originally Posted by Radarlover View Post
    So I read a tiny bit on archoil friction modifier and I see that it is marketed to the ford powerstroke. So it's good for Cummins too I'm assuming. It's mainly for the turbo right?
    Injectors supposedly. Their website states it’s ok to use in the big 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

8. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Liqui Moly Oil

@Radarlover ; how did that Liqui Moly oil hold up in your 6.7? How many miles did you end up running it until your change out? How clean was it? Do you have an update? Just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Likes AK Bob, Corkey liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Liqui Moly Oil

I use Liqui Moly in mine, mainly because I got a good deal, plus being closer to Germany than you lot are (I'm in the UK) it's got a bit more of a presence in auto parts stores.

I use truck toptec 4050 10w40, bought in 20 litre kegs.

Chuck 10 litres in of that, with a litre chaser of mb229.5 10w40 because I can.

Liqui moly cost me roughly £100, so that equates to $140 for 20 litres at the time.

Given their rep, I use their 0w30 in my Volvo d5 XC, they're pretty good.

I'll vouch for them as being good.

I did my last oil change a few hundred miles back and thanks for reminding me to order more!

2006 5.9, K&N, smarty tuned com mod, 35x12.5 r20's, Stryker off road control arms, Ranch hand bumper, half black, half raptor lined. Custom twin exit 5" pipes, arp head studs.

11. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS, bbanta29 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Liqui Moly Oil

I used that in my wife’s BMW but never in my truck.

Always use Rotella T6 in my trucks.

13. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Re: Liqui Moly Oil

Quote Originally Posted by bbanta29 View Post
    I used that in my wife's BMW but never in my truck.

Always use Rotella T6 in my trucks.
    I use Rotella T6 in my wife's BMW diesel and my truck.

15. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes CrazyTrain, AK Bob, bbanta29, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12