Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: Reprogram computer for bigger fuel tank

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Question Reprogram computer for bigger fuel tank

I was looking at getting a 50-55 Gal tank upgrade for my truck from the standard 32, Is there any way to reprogram the Distance To Empty within the computer. typically you'd get 450-500 miles to empty with the stock truck depending on driving conditions, with the new one you'd be at around 1000 miles to empty, Does the MM3 have this capability. Im currently waiting for the 2020 Ram 6.7 to be available to order, from what i've seen on the 19's you cant even take it into the dealer to reprogram.

2. Likes 4kids2dogs&RV, watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: Reprogram computer for bigger fuel tank

I'd like to hear this. My main when capped is 61 gallons and the trucks lie-o-meter is the only thing I have and can't be changed. Not really important, but nice to have.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: Reprogram computer for bigger fuel tank

Might want to look into either an Autel or the AlfaOBD.

Can't speak to anything about the 19s or 20s and their reprogramming capability; but that seems like something that should be fairly easy to adjust.

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post