Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  10

Thread: EGR Delete with tune

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

EGR Delete with tune

Cummins Pros,

Background. I am currently in another country and my DPF system failed. My 2014 Megacab was towed to a local diesel professional to fix it. (To be honest, I am against the deleting of emissions, but can’t justify $5000+ to replace the system.)

Currently, the diesel performance shop is trying to sell me a CTS2 with EFI Live tune and EGR delete kit.

Here’s my questions.

1) Do I have to delete the EGR? Can I take it off at a later date and install blocking plates without having to retune? Is this tune a DRD thing only?

I know that DRD has a EGR disabling tune but these guys aren’t familiar with it. And it will save me $350 in labor cost and $150 for the blocking plates. (I am mechanically inclined)

2) Also, I would like the MM3 but he doesn’t seem too familiar with it. Any thoughts of comparison to the CTS2?

Thanks for all the help!

2014 Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins Megacab

2. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: EGR Delete with tune

Quote Originally Posted by smalls325is View Post
    Cummins Pros,

Background. I am currently in another country and my DPF system failed. My 2014 Megacab was towed to a local diesel professional to fix it. (To be honest, I am against the deleting of emissions, but can’t justify $5000+ to replace the system.)

Currently, the diesel performance shop is trying to sell me a CTS2 with EFI Live tune and EGR delete kit.

Here’s my questions.

1) Do I have to delete the EGR? Can I take it off at a later date and install blocking plates without having to retune? Is this tune a DRD thing only?

I know that DRD has a EGR disabling tune but these guys aren’t familiar with it. And it will save me $350 in labor cost and $150 for the blocking plates. (I am mechanically inclined)

2) Also, I would like the MM3 but he doesn’t seem too familiar with it. Any thoughts of comparison to the CTS2?

Thanks for all the help!

You don't have to remove the EGR and if you want to remove it you can at a later date without being retuned.

Also EFI Live is really old school now and we love the MM3 compared to EFI Live.

Hope that helps friend.

Thank you,
    igotacummins

"The grass is greener where you water it"

4. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTACUMMINS View Post
    You don't have to remove the EGR and if you want to remove it you can at a later date without being retuned.

Also EFI Live is really old school now and we love the MM3 compared to EFI Live.

Hope that helps friend.

Thank you,
    igotacummins
    X2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Thanks.

Is there a real benefit to deleting the EGR completely?

Will the Cross over and EGR get clogged more OR is it off so it’s like a blocking plate?

I prefer to leave these pieces so that it appears stock and if I want to sell in the future I can without having to put EVERYTHING back on.

8. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Thanks.

Will the Cross over and EGR get clogged more OR is it off so it’s like a blocking plate?

I prefer to leave these pieces so that it appears stock and if I want to sell in the future I can without having to put EVERYTHING back on.

Less chances of coolant leaks as you have less parts with a delete. If I were you and others may disagree, I’d just buy an egr delete just to have but hold off on installing it until you encounter a problem if it even happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

10. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Thanks.

If you delete the EGR then remove the Throttle Valve as it lets it breathe a little better, but we have never seen a closed EGR leak back.

Thank you,
    igotacummins

"The grass is greener where you water it"

12. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Thanks for all the help.

I’ll keep the crew posted.

14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post