Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  13
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Truck won’t start

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Truck won’t start

They didn’t check any codes. I pulled the batteries and took then to have them checked. Tomorrow will be code check time when my diesel guy gets here. And I hope that a switch is the problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes cumminsdieselfreak liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TexNeck View Post
    Did they use a scanner or cycle key to check for stored codes?
    I was under the assumption you were doing allot of cranking. 2 starts in hot weather takes them to 85%. I've been doing allot of grocery runs which are 10 min here and the next stop and so on. I'm in the process of installing a 60 watt solar panel with a controller. I also have a 4 amp float charger I plug in. Hopefully the solar panel will reduce the need for that. Especially in the winter

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Ok the scanner isn’t communicating with the ecm. It fired once randomly while we were messing around with it. I put a new ignition switch in it just to give that a shot as some of you were thinking and it didn’t fix it. So far all grounds look good and he is leaning toward the ecm going bad.

5. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KimWar1911 View Post
    Ok the scanner isn’t communicating with the ecm. It fired once randomly while we were messing around with it. I put a new ignition switch in it just to give that a shot as some of you were thinking and it didn’t fix it. So far all grounds look good and he is leaning toward the ecm going bad.

Damn I gotta see it.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

6. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Can anyone recommend an outfit to repair my current ecm or a good place to get a replacement?

The dealer said the factory part is discontinued.

I am looking online at Automodule Source.

7. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Well I forgot to let you guys know the outcome.

My clutch fan was bad.

I replaced it and haven’t had an issue since. We didn’t expect that to have such an impact on the starting.

Thanks to everyone that gave me input.

8. Likes Power247, AK Bob liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12