Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Service throttle valve

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Service throttle valve

OK last Sunday afternoon after slowing down almost to a stop then idling up to a red light my truck felt like it was fixing to shut off for a split second. Then the EVIC showed a message or the throttle valve service soon. Ran fine since then up until today. Pulled into a parking lot and backed into a spot.

While waiting for the exhaust to cool it did the same thing again. It sounded like the exhaust brake was kicking in both times noise wise. Truck ran fine on the way home. Before I left the parking lot I looked for a DTC but didn't see one, unless there is a soft code I couldn't pull up?

2015 G56 Raceme Ultra.

Full delete except for the throttle valve (it IS unplugged and has been since deletes done at 36,000 miles). Have 134,+++ miles on it. Oil and all filters have been changed, always before they are due.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Service throttle valve

@.44mag are you running the box tunes with the RaceME Ultra or are you custom tuned?

"The grass is greener where you water it"

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Box tunes.

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by .44mag View Post
    Box tunes.
    9 times out of 10 that is the issue.

Do you have the newest update from RaceME?

"The grass is greener where you water it"

5. Likes cumminsdieselfreak liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Yes it's the 009a update. Once I changed my wording around on the search function I found several threads on it. Going to reinstall the tunes Monday when I'm off and try that. Also going to put trickle chargers on it when I get home from work in the morning and let it sit all day to include while reinstalling the tunes.

Custom tunes are out of the question right now house burnt down a while back so rebuilding from that is priority.

Just need to get truck right.

Got hay to move don't want any major problems.

7. Likes cumminsdieselfreak liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Reloaded tunes, so far no problems. I did go back to the 150 hp tune. Was driving on the 60 when problems occurred. Plus trikle charged batteries all night before reloaing.