Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  7
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How close is close for values?

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: How close is close for values?

Graphing out your data sets reveals the following:

VGT Commanded & Actual are spot on across the board (Commanded is behind Actual, only a small edge is visible of it)

Boost pressure is consistent with VGT position, RPM, and Commanded acceleration; aside from the fact that you're producing too much boost.

However, Commanded Accelerator Position & Actual Accelerator Position are wildly off from each other for the given time frames.

They may be part of the reason you are experiencing issues.

2. Thanks cwendel thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Thank you. When i was looking at the data i thought they were closer. Guess the pedal needs some tlc.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

4. Likes RamIt liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

Okay, got to check the pedal today. Been busy and it has been hot out. Sweep is good but max voltage is only 4.56V. alldata says it should go higher than 4.6. Before i go replacing the $200 accelerator pedal, is there a way to try and recalibrate the pedal without a tool?

The ETC relearn is the one function my scan tool does not do.

And i also have to change out the boost tubes as the hot side tube keeps coming loose at the intercooler. Not bad but the motor starts knocking when it does. I think these are both the sources of the injector knock and the power loss.

6. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

So i think I have the boost tubes tied down now.

Injector knock has gotten better. I also disconnected the batteries for a half hour to try and reset the APPS using the method posted else where. Throttle pedal is better, sensor 2 reads in the correct range now, but the primary still reads less than 4.6V at max.

So all, does this mean a new APPS for a truck will 1100 hours total on it?

7. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

Okay, need some help. Replaced the apps, way better. Changed the exhaust pressure sensor, fixed that.
    Changed the thermostat, which was sticking and now back to fuel knock.
    Pulled a soft code of u040e. Does not show up anywhere but i am starting to think if i keep this pig a delete is very soon.

8. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cwendel View Post
    Okay, need some help. Replaced the apps, way better. Changed the exhaust pressure sensor, fixed that.
    Changed the thermostat, which was sticking and now back to fuel knock.
    Pulled a soft code of u040e. Does not show up anywhere but i am starting to think if i keep this pig a delete is very soon.

U040E - Invalid Data Received From Turbocharger/Supercharger Control

Interestingly enough, this code doesn't yield results across Ram or Cummins google searches.

Found this though:
    https://www.diagnostictrouble.com/ob...040e/dodge-ram

9. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

That is really weird.
    Site says it is a result of the IAT but can be the result of DPF needong a Regen. Wonder if i should just force a Regen and see if that helps.

10. Top Of Page | #28

User Info Menu

Okay. Took for a long run today. No codes but after the truck sat and cooled, the hot tube clamps keep coming loose. Changed them once already and have a new tube and boots on the way. But found something interesting, if i run on the tow/haul mode, mo more fuel rattle or knock. Turn it off and it rattles and knock s pulling from a stop. Think i need to either have the truck reflashed or go and get it turned. Ps, i really hate the dealers around here.

11. Top Of Page | #29

User Info Menu

So i changed the hot tube for the afe tube. Part fits pretty good. That was the good news. Took the truck towing the 7500# TT yesterday and lost all power after 2.5 hours of driving at 65. Sounded like a boost leak when I left the campground checkin. Thank god i had a cummins as i had to climb a hill with next to no power. Parked the trailer and truck in the site and found 3 of the four clamps loose. Tighten the clamps and have yet to drive it. Kid started it by accident later and it sounded okay.
    Need to wait till Monday but the turbo might be done.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123