Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  16
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vibration Above 62 MPH

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kaoticlife71 View Post
    Yes sir I get ya on the personal experience. Had my share of good and bad with lifted trucks. I will definitely look at it all. The tires are wearing perfect so I'm still scratching my head on this one. Thought it may have been the install of the front bumper because that was the time frame it has been on but the alignment was good before the lift and after lift and no steering wheel shake at all. Maybe the added weight of the 65 gallon drag up tank/toolbox? But that was installed after it had started so doesnt seem likely. The aftermarket wheels were purchased after it had started as well. So had a set of 20x12 wheels(no vibration with them just didnt like that they stuck out so far with a -44 offset) on then went back to stock wheels with new 35's shop told me one of the tires was out of round so went with a new set of Yokohama 35's and shop then said it must be wheel bearing and seal and of course it was still there afterwards. Balanced, balanced and then Re-balanced. Truck is not a daily driver as I have a company truck and when I pull stuff I use my 2nd gen dually so it's more of a weekend cruiser but cant stand the vibration when we do take her on a road trip....

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Ultra low offset wheels are hell on the hub bearings.
    Fuel wheels are not bore matched to the hubs & require hub centric rings to be installed. This is non-negotiable.
    Your tires may still be the issue.

I would strongly suggest that you ring those Fuels and have balance beads put in and see if the problem remains.

2. Likes SyN liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    Ultra low offset wheels are hell on the hub bearings.
    Fuel wheels are not bore matched to the hubs & require hub centric rings to be installed. This is non-negotiable.
    Your tires may still be the issue.

I would strongly suggest that you ring those Fuels and have balance beads put in and see if the problem remains.
    Yes sir! I will have the shop order hub centric rings and have them get some beads in there. But why would it have been doing it with the stocks? Any idea there?

4. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Yes sir I get ya on the personal experience. Had my share of good and bad with lifted trucks. I will definitely look at it all. The tires are wearing perfect so I'm still scratching my head on this one. Thought it may have been the install of the front bumper because that was the time frame it has been on but the alignment was good before the lift and after lift and no steering wheel shake at all. Maybe the added weight of the 65 gallon drag up tank/toolbox? But that was installed after it had started so doesnt seem likely. The aftermarket wheels were purchased after it had started as well. So had a set of 20x12 wheels(no vibration with them just didnt like that they stuck out so far with a -44 offset) on then went back to stock wheels with new 35's shop told me one of the tires was out of round so went with a new set of Yokohama 35's and shop then said it must be wheel bearing and seal and of course it was still there afterwards. Balanced, balanced and then Re-balanced. Truck is not a daily driver as I have a company truck and when I pull stuff I use my 2nd gen dually so it's more of a weekend cruiser but cant stand the vibration when we do take her on a road trip....

Yokohama's were a good choice. Wear like iron. I put 285's (33") on my 03. Only when towing on steep hills do I have Minor issues. On some country hilly back roads. Can't go too fast and I have heating issues. Even with the electric fans roaring away. 210-220* It's because I need to use lower gears. But I deal with it.

My front is lifted 1". That doesn't change my angle as the chassis rotates on the rears. Can't do much with RWD. Last night was the first time in 6 years I had some difficulty with backing up, not having a 4 X 4. But I got it.

If this was going on before the lift, you may want to drope the shaft and examine all the cups. One may be bad.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

5. Thanks kaoticlife71 thanked for this post
    Likes kaoticlife71, SyN liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Yes sir! I will have the shop order hub centric rings and have them get some beads in there. But why would it have been doing it with the stocks? Any idea there?

Hmmm, solid point. Apologize I missed that. You may want to have the hub bearings looked at while the wheels are off next time. Ultimately, if it spins, rule it out!

7. Thanks kaoticlife71 thanked for this post
    Likes kaoticlife71 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    Hmmm, solid point. Apologize I missed that. You may want to have the hub bearings looked at while the wheels are off next time. Ultimately, if it spins, rule it out!
    I have zero experience on these 4th gens. I've fixed several lifted 3rd gens. The trans is the major change, the rest is boiler plate . You're teaching me. @F350Cummins is the only 4th gen I know close. Oil changes are a bear.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

9. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    I have zero experience on these 4th gens. I've fixed several lifted 3rd gens. The trans is the major change, the rest is boiler plate . You're teaching me. @F350Cummins is the only 4th gen I know close. Oil changes are a bear.
    Oil changes I dont even mess with on these 4th gens I have my 14 that's my personal and I have a 13 and 17 that are my hot shot rigs. They all 3 go to the local lube shop. At 300 bucks a pop! I had no problem doing my 3rd gen 5.9 it was easy, these not so much! My 2nd gen that's the easiest....I love that truck!

10. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Oil changes on the 4th gen are not that bad at all. I did mine in my backyard + fuel filter + water separator. Took no time at all. Worst part was getting the fuel filter lid off under the hood cause the last tech that did it put it on with a ******* impact LOL.

11. Thanks kaoticlife71 thanked for this post
    Likes kaoticlife71, SyN liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Man, everybody just quit talking about this. Did you get it figured out? Have you tried anything else?

My 16 Mega Cab does the same thing. I’ve been doing research to see it could be and have found that it is a common problem. I have seen where people have gone to the dealership and three sets of tires and two sets of new factory wheels later still vibrating. Road force balancing over and over and over and still vibrating.

I have also seen where going to a one piece aluminum driveshaft has helped but not a complete fix. And what if you already have aluminum driveshaft?

I saw where someone said it was the yoke on the rear diff. and how to change it to a different kind and I have not been able to find it again.

Before I bought my 16 Mega cab I had an 07 Mega cab with leveling kit and 35s
    ( Toyo MT) never any vibrating. 16 has Cooper 305/55/20 on 10” wide wheels. I bought the truck this way. I have owned it for over a year and I am still completely in love with this truck. I just wish I could figure out what this vibrating crap is and get it fixed.

I am planning on going with a different wheel and tire combo. Something in black and 35s Toyo MTs of course.

As many knowledgeable members as we have here we should be able to get this figured out.

Thanks,

13. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Wow, that got kinda long.

14. Likes Power247 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Any luck with your truck?

I am having the same problem with my 2016 2500, but mine starts at 70 mph.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast